Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

best unique "goody bag" ideas

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:02 PM
  • 15 Replies

of all of the parties you have been to for children...what are the most unique/best parting gifts that you have given/received.  I HATE giving candy and cheap little things that fall apart in 5 mins.  So just curious what you find to be the best "goodie bag". 

In past given shovel and pail for young  sports bottles last year, gotten blockbuster gift cards and some others cool things. 

Any ideas?

by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kate_Aloft
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:05 PM

The best goodie bag my son received was a gardening goodie bag. We have given auminum bottles (we got a good deal on a good brand) embroidered towels (they said H---- is 6), lego crayons, etc. I expect to spend $5-10/child and take that into account, but I like teaching my children to give on their birthdays, too.

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:11 PM
The year DD had a tea party birthday, I gave really cute demitasse cups and saucers, a tea bag (it was a brand I'd never heard of but it was DD's name), a teaspoon, a glow bracelet and tea pot shaped coin purses. It was one of my faves. For DS's 1st birthday I did personalized plastic watering cans with seed packets.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AJsMom81507
by Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:22 PM

we spend about $3-$8 on goody bags for children.

we had tye dye shirts one year for boys (size accordingly) and tye dye tote bags for girls.

we have had custom cookies made and cups with their names on them another year

when the kids were 1, because their friends were actually our friends kids, we did it by age, after that for their 2nd birthday party, the kids were 2, etc. so the kids got the same thing.

cgarlic
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:28 PM
Do you have a theme?

We have done candy, rubber ducks, mini shovel & pail with mini summer toys, sand art in ocean themed containers. A former co-worker did Elmo for her son's 1st bday & gave everyone a goldfish.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Teeshann
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:31 PM
My daughter had a barbie birthday and we bought barbie ribbon and made hairbows. Then barbie squinkie rings, barbie dresses that they got to decorate and some candy.
aj23
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:32 PM
One year I got the paint your own banks from Oriental Trading and bought paint and things to decorate them with. Each kid got to pick a bank (I had 4 different ones), a set of paints and a little pack with eyes, jewels, glue and felt dots to decorate it with.
It was surprisingly affordable too.
SerenityBerry
by Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:33 PM

A craft kit, my daughter got a suncatcher kit in a goody bag this year. We thought that was much cooler than cheap whistles or candy. 

jjlwallace
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Thanks for the ideas and a bump for more
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ARPsMom
by Toni on Apr. 19, 2013 at 9:51 PM
My son's 4th birthday was an army theme. The kids all got white t-shirts, which they painted "camo". In the goodie bags were dog tags, binoculars, sunglasses, and whistles (I know parents hated it but it went with the theme)
lmjess
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 1:20 AM

My son had a Nerf Wars party. Everyone got a small Nerrf gun and ammo to take home.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN