Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

B-day party questions

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:26 PM
  • 7 Replies

DS's 6th b-day is next month. Because he is friends with almost all of the kids in his class, and he cant pass out invites in class unless they go to everyone we are inviting his whole class. Yikes thats a lot of kids, although I expect that a lot might not come. Since previous years its always been just family and friends, we've never worried much about RSVP's. This year however will be very important with the amount of people that are invited. I will need to know at least 4-5 days before his b-day how many people will be there. I normally send the invites  2 weeks before, but I think that I might want to do it a little earlier since I need them to RSVP so early. When should I send them? Is 3 weeks before the party good? If people dont RSVP, should I assume they are not coming? I dont know any of the parents. Also, I dont want parents to come and just drop off their kids. We are doing the party at the park and I dont want to be responsible for other people's kids. At this age do parents just drop off kids? How do I let them know they need to stay?

by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Specify on the invite that parents must stay. Also, I have found that putting an e-mail address to RSVP to on the invitation definitely helps as opposed to just a phone number.

Seagodess
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Quoting JulyBabies:

Specify on the invite that parents must stay. Also, I have found that putting an e-mail address to RSVP to on the invitation definitely helps as opposed to just a phone number.

I was thinking of adding my email. I was also going to put call or text since I know some people for some reason cant handle talking on the phone even if its for the smallest thing.

spunky946
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:59 PM
Defintely put on that parents should stay. At that age drop offs do start. If I have not heard from people, I contact them and ask if they are coming or not.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:02 PM
When people don't RSVP, I call them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AMBG825
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:03 PM

E-mail will get more RSVP's. However, having done quite a few parties with those same rules, what I have found is you will probably get about ½ the people invited to respond. Of those that respond, only about 2/3 will actually show. My DD6's last party, 32 kids were invited, 20 responded and 16 actually showed. I bought enough for 24 kids so I had stuff left over.

How far in advance depends on the amount of work needed. I sent mine out 4 weeks in advance and requested they respond by a date 1 week prior to the party because I was making personalized items for each child. (she wanted a rock and roll party and I made "backstage passes" with each child's name on them.)

Seagodess
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 12:27 AM

I dont have their phone numbers. These are kids in his class and a couple from other classes. I only know a couple of the parents.

Quoting coolmommy2x:

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 7:46 AM
There have been times when I've written notes. It's rude not to let someone know if you're coming or not. I don't understand why people do it.

Quoting Seagodess:

I dont have their phone numbers. These are kids in his class and a couple from other classes. I only know a couple of the parents.

Quoting coolmommy2x:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN