Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Confused and need some advice

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:08 AM
  • 27 Replies
Just found out I am pregnant this week. I am a little surprised since I am older and really did not think I could get pregnant. I am 39 going to turn 40 in September. The father of the baby (ashamed of this part) was just some guy I had gone out with a few times. He wants nothing to do with the baby... Told me last night in a text that he will be leaving soon to go back to Brazil. I am pretty much on my own. I don't want to have an abortion since this may be the only time I will ever have. this opportunity. Please help. I don't know what to do. Just please no judgemental comments. Believe me I am already hard on my self.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bawyada
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:11 AM
6 moms liked this

I would go for it, but I would get a lawyer and make sure the daddy signs away his rights. You don't want him showing up in the future wanting to take over.  Good luck.  

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this
This...

Quoting Bawyada:

I would go for it, but I would get a lawyer and make sure the daddy signs away his rights. You don't want him showing up in the future wanting to take over.  Good luck.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this
I had my last one at 40. Are you in a financial position and emotional position to be a single mom?
DACIA79
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:16 AM
2 moms liked this
Just forget it no need to stress yourself out life goes on make your prenatal appointment ASAP. Start saving for baby if your in a situation were you may need public assistance as soon as you get proof of pregnancy apply.Start looking for childcare options now Is he a legal citizen because you can sue him for child support if you just don't want the hassle have him sign his rights away.

Congratulations
Eutx9173
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:18 AM
I am a teacher and can get a second job if needed. As for the single mother part, I am still confused. I don't want the kid to hate me because the father wants nothing of them. Qi know my family will be supportive
Eutx9173
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:20 AM
Thank you all for the advice, ladies.
Saharra
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:48 AM
3 moms liked this
I think maybe you made a mistake (but don't we all?) and that it may be a mistake that will have regrets, but you don't know how many smiles and hugs and rewards there will be too :) If you have a supportive family, there's nothing to loose.
If you were to have an abortion you may wonder about this little person forever and it's not something that can go back and change. But if you have the baby and decide that maybe you can't handle, you always could find someone that has wanted a baby and couldn't have one. You could even make it an open adoption if you so choose, and have them let you see the child as he/she grows.
Don't be hard on yourself though. You've got enough going on and you will get it figured out. I really think you can do this :) If you need encouragement, please contact me! I'm usually pretty good at making lemonade when life hands me lemons :)
elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:50 AM
1 mom liked this

good idea about the daddy, I would not have thought of that.

Quoting Bawyada:

notabosley
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:18 PM
I agree

Quoting Bawyada:

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:32 AM

it will be ok...you can handle it I'm sure

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN