Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Join the Earth Day Journey - Win a $50 Gift Card, an Earth Day gift pack and lots of other Prizes, too!

Posted by   + Show Post

Happy Earth Day!  Let's GO GREEN (or get greener) together!

Join us on an Earth Day "Go Green"Journey:
You'll be taken through some of CafeMom's best groups where you'll find tips and activies to help you go green.
We'll help you learn to live a greener life -- or improve on your already green ways!

Win a $50 gift card for playing... and more!
To be entered to win you must reply to at least 10 of our Go Green Activity posts. You can finish the whole Earth Day "Go Green" Journey in one day, stop in at your leisure throughout the week -- even hit it up multiple times! Just make sure to complete the Journey at least once by the time it ends on April 30th at 11pm est!

Kick off the Earth Day "Go Green" Journey by answering this question in the replies below:
Would you like to live a greener life?

Then, click here to Reduce, Reuse & Recycle ! >> 

happy earthday One member who replies to the GO GREEN posts in at least 10 groups will be chosen at random to WIN a $50 gift card! 

The Earth Day "Go Green" Journey sweepstakes starts 4/21/13 at 9pm (ET) and ends 4/30/2013 at 11pm (ET) (the "Sweepstakes Period").
To enter this contest, you must participate in an Earth Day-related activity in at least 10 of the participating groups. Participating means replying to each of those activity posts with an appropriate comment during the Sweepstakes Period.
Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning. One winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a $50 gift card to Target, Amazon, or Wal-Mart. The random drawing shall occur on or about 5/10/13.
No Purchase Necessary. Open to US residents 16 years and older. Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.

by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 12:30 PM
Replies (41-50):
cnlsmommy
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:18 AM
I would like to get greener, but honestly, sometimes convenience wins out unfortunately.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
shelly3307
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:20 AM
I'm already working on being more green, but I would love more tips to take it to the next level!
happymama0609
by Gold Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:21 AM
Of course we would!
MoonShadowDream
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:21 AM

I make sure that everything that CAN be recycled is recycled. not just into the bin, but if i can make it into something crafty i will. We're moving soon I reused old diaper boxes for packing books and movies, and for my dishes i used a bunch of grocery bags to wrap/stuff glass mugs and cups. I use my dryer sheets for dusting and old clothes for packing/dusting as well. I recently started making my own dish washer detergent that is earth friendly, my own spray cleaner (vinegar, water, lemon oil) and ride my bike to the store if i only need a couple of things.

All of these things i do are easy, cost less money and great for mother earth :]

Angelanscalf89
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:23 AM
Yes i try
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
energygirl
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:26 AM

yes I would....and as my family continues to go green, we are hoping our kids will join in our passion for it!

givenshl

Yes.

mommyofnoah208
Yes
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ninamsi
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Yes, every little bit counts in making this planet healthier.

Jenn8604
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:28 AM
I'm going green now. But every little tip helps.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)