Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

sibling question

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:37 PM
  • 25 Replies
OK actually 2 questions.

I have 2 beautiful girls, 4 years old and 9 days old. Dd4 is an awesome big sister, very hands on and lovey BUT since ydd has been home she constantly talks like a baby. She's never done this before. I realize its normal behavior but how do I make it stop?!?!

Second question. Ydd refuses to sleep on her back! I know its the safest but this kid is adamant. Within 10 min she's screaming, pick her up and put her on your chest and bam asleep, lay her on her belly (only when I'm awake and constantly checking on her) and shell stay asleep a few hours. I don't know what to do!!! This is going to get old quick when I run out of adrenaline and coffee!
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kennadismom
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:38 PM

BUMP!

headingsouth13
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:39 PM
1 mom liked this

if that is how she is happy leave her that way

LAXmom21
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:42 PM
Both my kids slept on their belly. If they didn't they wouldn't sleep AT ALL.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
headingsouth13
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:42 PM

as far as your oldest little girl it might be for attention

sassygoddess
by Judy on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:43 PM

Then I would leave her on her belly...she will be fine.

DACIA79
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:46 PM
My kids slept on my chest on there belly because they wouldn't sleep on there backs.
bebe_ju-rah
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:51 PM
My kids both slept on their bellies. As for your odd, I would find something that she likes to do and tell her that only big girls can do it and big girls don't talk like babies. Also, remind her that her job as a big sister is to teach her baby sis things, like how to talk. If she talked like a baby then baby sis won't learn how to talk properly. I have a 6 year old and a 14 week old and my odd takes being a big sis very seriously! Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kennadismom
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:53 PM
Quoting LAXmom21:

Both my kids slept on their belly. If they didn't they wouldn't sleep AT ALL.

I'm scared she'll try to turn her head or something and not go far enough and end up suffocating....older dd slept on her back but in her Boppy (I know super unsafe) so I never had the belly vs back vs side sleeping issue
Kennadismom
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:54 PM
Quoting bebe_ju-rah:My kids both slept on their bellies. As for your odd, I would find something that she likes to do and tell her that only big girls can do it and big girls don't talk like babies. Also, remind her that her job as a big sister is to teach her baby sis things, like how to talk. If she talked like a baby then baby sis won't learn how to talk properly. I have a 6 year old and a 14 week old and my odd takes being a big sis very seriously! Lol

That's a good idea!! So your 14 week old is a belly sleeper too?
Kennadismom
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Quoting DACIA79:

My kids slept on my chest on there belly because they wouldn't sleep on there backs.

I'm not against her sleeping on my chest BUT Dh won't let me bring into bed and my couch is so uncomfortable so this won't last long
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN