Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

8 weeks pregnant not looking forward to this

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:04 AM
  • 60 Replies
so I have my first prenatal appointment on wed... I am really excited to be pregnant but I am not looking forward to starting lovenox shots... they burn and always leave bruises on my stomach. I know it is a small price to pay for a healthy pregnacy but I really really hate them. I know I sound like a whiny child but...
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:35 AM

BUMP!

Rhodin
by Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:38 AM

I never had to have anything injected into my stomach and I've been pregnant twice.  Do you get blood clots because the internet says lovenox is for DVT.

cadditalbrat
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:40 AM
i've had 3 munchkins and I've never had to have shots in my stomach. What are they for?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cristalf060812
by Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:45 AM
Not sure what that is.. Sorry you have to go thru it but Ur rite it is a small price to pay for healthy baby...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
me-n-mygirls
by Shontell on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:46 AM
I have had 5 and have no idea what your talking about.
Congrats and good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:47 AM

Quoting Rhodin:

I never had to have anything injected into my stomach and I've been pregnant twice.  Do you get blood clots because the internet says lovenox is for DVT.

yes unfortunately triggered by pregnancy hormones... one on birthcontrol and one at 14 weeks with my older son.
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:51 AM

Quoting me-n-mygirls:

I have had 5 and have no idea what your talking about.
Congrats and good luck!

it's a blood thinner to treat or prevent blood clots

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:56 AM

Quoting cadditalbrat:

i've had 3 munchkins and I've never had to have shots in my stomach. What are they for?

blood thinner to prevent DVT
SeabeeWife2011
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:59 AM
Sounds too risky... I never did that during my pregnancy. To prevent blood clots? I never heard such a thing while going to my appointments. You may need to rethink what you're doing to your pregnancy
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:05 AM

Quoting SeabeeWife2011:

Sounds too risky... I never did that during my pregnancy. To prevent blood clots? I never heard such a thing while going to my appointments. You may need to rethink what you're doing to your pregnancy

I wish i could but I have had 2 major blood clots one on birth control and one during my second pregnancy... trust me they are much worst than the shots 5 days to a week in the hospital horribly painful and potentially deadly.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)