Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

When you inlaws call...

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:44 AM
  • 59 Replies
2 moms liked this
If your S/O is not home do you answer the phone??

I used to answer their calls however now I dont. My FIL has become slightly annoying with calling everyday to ask " hows it going" and then expecting me to do all the talking. Then their is my MIL ( her and FIL are no longer married) she only calls whhen she wants something or to call and tell lies to my kids. She will say shit like: "oh boys I can wait to come over again so we can just play and play" she gets them excited then never comes over. She has only seen our children 3 times since 2 days before last Christmas. Yeah sad isnt it. MIL is a total bitch for many reasons.... Anyway what about you? I dont if its imporant they can leave a message.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kayla2013
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:47 AM
Hmmm let's see. I will answer for fil at times. And what is this mil you speak of? Jk. She is non existent in our lives. We haven't seen or talked to her since June 2012. Long story.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jiffypop2207
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:48 AM
My inlaws don't live in this country, so they normally don't call here. Dh will get a card and call them weekly though.
Mommy4000
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:49 AM

They call his cell. I haven't actually spoken to any of my in-laws for about 7 years. My husband calls on holidays and they call him every time they think someone is dying, but that's about it.

Momof3smoochies
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Mine don't call often. So when they do. We answer.
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:52 AM
1 mom liked this

of course... don't get calls from my in-laws often but when we do I wouldn't dream of not answering

m0m23b0ys458
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:58 AM

They don't even know the house number.But when they did,I didn't answer.All they wanted was to bitch about SD or to have DH bitch at BM because she wasn't kissing their ass(aka babying SS).They never asked about my kids,except when DH reminded them it was one of their birthdays.Then they'd have to ask how old they were.Well,if you were ever fucking around,you'd know.Dumb cunts.

If there is an emergency,they have DH's cell number.However,if they call and DH is asleep,I let it go to voicemail.I couldn't care less what they're calling him for-I'm not answering.99% likely they're just calling him for money.

AnastasiaKorsh
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 2:10 AM
mil doesn't call unless she needs something or if so isn't answering his phone. I answer 98% of the time.
mommyof11050307
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 2:13 AM
They don't call my house they call his phone. They only contact me if he hasn't called them back in a few weeks and that's rare.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2Angel09
by Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 2:37 AM

We don't have a landline so when they do call it is to husbands cell, because they do not have mine.  Husband knows that I do not want  to talk to his family because I have to bite my tongue on certain things.  They only call when it is a emergency, holiday or birthday.  It is like pulling teeth to get them to see us when we did live in the same town  as his sisters.  We had to go to his sister place to see them and to get them to see their grandson.  We have not got to spend Christmas with them yet, because we have to drive to see them when just this April they went to visit his sister for her birthday and she lives further than we do. Like four hours more than if they came to us.  I don't mind going to them sometimes, but they don't even make a effort to see their grandson which irks me and my husband is the baby of the family and was the one that got called and they would make a effort to see him when they where up close.  But since we got our son baptize as a different religion than theirs they stopped calling so much and trying to see us.  I think they are mad  because it is my religion and what my husband wanted our kids to be raised as.  We plan to take our son and future kids to the religion my husband was raised with so they can see the difference in them and decided when they turn 18 what religion they want and we told them that but I guess it not good enough.  We just can't find a church that my husband likes to do that.  They just can't say I withhold my son from them.  I just think I go out of my way for people who don't.

Jessica45
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 2:52 AM
I talk to my FIL and if he calls I will answer. However, he rarely calls and when he does he calls dh cell and during the week. Not sure why but he never calls when he's home.
Now my MIL is a different story. I literally hate her and I won't talk to her at all anymore. I won't answer her calls or even speak a word to her. I tried to have a relationship with her but she such an evil and crazy miserable b***h that she doesn't exist in my life. Life is much better like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN