Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
If your S/O is not home do you answer the phone??

I used to answer their calls however now I dont. My FIL has become slightly annoying with calling everyday to ask " hows it going" and then expecting me to do all the talking. Then their is my MIL ( her and FIL are no longer married) she only calls whhen she wants something or to call and tell lies to my kids. She will say shit like: "oh boys I can wait to come over again so we can just play and play" she gets them excited then never comes over. She has only seen our children 3 times since 2 days before last Christmas. Yeah sad isnt it. MIL is a total bitch for many reasons.... Anyway what about you? I dont if its imporant they can leave a message.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:44 AM
Replies (11-20):
littlemonaghan
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 4:31 AM
Oh this is an easy one....they don't call. Ever.
And they wonder why DD doesn't know who they are lol
SweetPea2004
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:42 AM

We don't have a land line so if she is calling she is calling to talk to me, so yes I answer.

A.J.s_mommy
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:43 AM
They call me first usually. If I don't answer they call him.
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:35 AM
My inlaws live overseas too. But we Skype and Tango with them....in the days before such technology we would call them at least once a week. Now they can watch the kids in the house and talk to them in a more natural way. Sometimes I come home from work and dh is in the kitchen with his mom on Skype who is coaching him on how to cook something.

Quoting jiffypop2207:

My inlaws don't live in this country, so they normally don't call here. Dh will get a card and call them weekly though.

boshs1andonly
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:36 AM

It depends on what I'm doing, but I don't go out of my way to ignore their calls (except MIL lol)

MsMimna
by Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this

I am so sorry...but no, my In-Laws are all great. Even though they are also divorced and FIL is remarried we all get along. My husbands mother didn't like the new wife at all until I came into the picture and found out they had never even met. So we had a dinner at our house with everyone here and they are great friends now :)  Holidays are wonderful !!

jiffypop2207
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:52 AM
It would be amazing if we could Skype with them but they live in an area so rural internet service hasn't reached them yet :(

Quoting calsmom62:

My inlaws live overseas too. But we Skype and Tango with them....in the days before such technology we would call them at least once a week. Now they can watch the kids in the house and talk to them in a more natural way. Sometimes I come home from work and dh is in the kitchen with his mom on Skype who is coaching him on how to cook something.

Quoting jiffypop2207:

My inlaws don't live in this country, so they normally don't call here. Dh will get a card and call them weekly though.

risaspieces
by Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Mil doesn't call, she just shows up ( big pet peeve of mine). Ive finally got through to sil that she needs to text and ask if its okay to come over, but mil ignores that request. On the rare occasion that she calls I ignore it, mostly because she only calls when dh is home from work and I want to spend time with him.
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:58 AM
That's too bad. Do you travel to visit them??

Quoting jiffypop2207:

It would be amazing if we could Skype with them but they live in an area so rural internet service hasn't reached them yet :(

Quoting calsmom62:

Quoting jiffypop2207:

jiffypop2207
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Yes, but with the cost of tickets it's only about every other year. We're actually surprising them this year and not telling them we will be there for Christmas. It will be the first Christmas dh has spent with them in 15 years and my kids first Christmas with them ever. They are 5 and 7

Quoting calsmom62:

That's too bad. Do you travel to visit them??

Quoting jiffypop2207:

Quoting calsmom62:

Quoting jiffypop2207:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)