Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
If your S/O is not home do you answer the phone??

I used to answer their calls however now I dont. My FIL has become slightly annoying with calling everyday to ask " hows it going" and then expecting me to do all the talking. Then their is my MIL ( her and FIL are no longer married) she only calls whhen she wants something or to call and tell lies to my kids. She will say shit like: "oh boys I can wait to come over again so we can just play and play" she gets them excited then never comes over. She has only seen our children 3 times since 2 days before last Christmas. Yeah sad isnt it. MIL is a total bitch for many reasons.... Anyway what about you? I dont if its imporant they can leave a message.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:44 AM
Replies (21-30):
Rosebud27aj
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:06 AM

Mil only calls my dh's cell...she doesn't have my cell number....

CocoMama88
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:11 AM
We don't have a home phone but I wish we did just for this reason. Mil and fil call dhs cell. They say "tell nicole I say hi" and I yell "hi" back, but hardly ever talk on the phone. I wish I could answer just to say "hey how's it going? Your grandkids did this and that today, ok here's your son!" I text with them both quite a bit and I'm always sending pictures.
littlecolton07
by Rebecca on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:11 AM
We only have cell phones and I rarely ever answer my husbands phone. My mil lives in Germany now so she doesn't call, we Skype and email. When she still lived here though I would answer my phone if she called. My Fil rarely ever calls me. He usually calls my husband but if he does call I answer and my step mil like never calls us. If she needs to contact us she usually just texts me and I usually reply back. The couple times she has called though I answered.
mommieof38829
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:13 AM
I changed dh phone number so none of his family have it. And they ever had mine:)
squeakers2
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:18 AM
I have a very good relationship with my DF's parents and him mine (except for the stepmoms on both sides). My mom and MIL lives with us. If my FIL calls me, its usually to check up on us and the kids. I always answer. He lived with us for a few months. When/if he moves back out here, he will probably live with us again. It works for our family and I'm glad we all get along. We only have cells.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mich.el.le
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:22 AM

We only have cell phones so dh always has his phone. 

lovebugs_mom906
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:27 AM
My inlaws are pretty cool. That being said, we only have cell phones and they only call me when they have specific questions, or need something from me. The rest of the time, they call DH. And FIL hates the phone, and will only call in an emergency lol.
WillVon
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:27 AM
We ignore hubs parents because they irritate us beyond belief! But we always talk to my parents.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitty8199
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:31 AM
Not my mil, yet but if she calls i answer. I like her.
Guess I'll be the lucky one. A mil i like.
Poor Justin, my mom on the other hand, will be mil your don't want. He wants nothing to do with her. I don't blame him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:33 PM
How fun!! I'm sure you will have a wonderful time. We surprised the inlaws one time. Pulled up in a taxi and had our then 4 yr old knock on the door. Took fil about a half day to calm down....he was shaking and hugging the kids. It had been a couple of yrs since they had visited out here...

Quoting jiffypop2207:

Yes, but with the cost of tickets it's only about every other year. We're actually surprising them this year and not telling them we will be there for Christmas. It will be the first Christmas dh has spent with them in 15 years and my kids first Christmas with them ever. They are 5 and 7

Quoting calsmom62:

That's too bad. Do you travel to visit them??

Quoting jiffypop2207:

It would be amazing if we could Skype with them but they live in an area so rural internet service hasn't reached them yet :(

Quoting calsmom62:

My inlaws live overseas too. But we Skype and Tango with them....in the days before such technology we would call them at least once a week. Now they can watch the kids in the house and talk to them in a more natural way. Sometimes I come home from work and dh is in the kitchen with his mom on Skype who is coaching him on how to cook something.

Quoting jiffypop2207:

My inlaws don't live in this country, so they normally don't call here. Dh will get a card and call them weekly though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)