Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
If your S/O is not home do you answer the phone??

I used to answer their calls however now I dont. My FIL has become slightly annoying with calling everyday to ask " hows it going" and then expecting me to do all the talking. Then their is my MIL ( her and FIL are no longer married) she only calls whhen she wants something or to call and tell lies to my kids. She will say shit like: "oh boys I can wait to come over again so we can just play and play" she gets them excited then never comes over. She has only seen our children 3 times since 2 days before last Christmas. Yeah sad isnt it. MIL is a total bitch for many reasons.... Anyway what about you? I dont if its imporant they can leave a message.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:44 AM
Replies (31-40):
beadingmom17
by Rachel on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:35 PM
Wait...your in-laws call?! Wow...I'm still convinced my in-laws don't know that phones work in 2 directions. Not that I should complain, I guess, lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DKk0531
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:44 PM
Nope. Absoutely not. I hate my mil and sil. Sil doesnt call here because she hates me also...thank God. But mil, she will call dh when she wants something done, stupid things. She acts like shes 100 yr old. "david come feed my cat, come dust the counter, come turn my oven on, come back my car out of the driveway" i think women who are that needy are disgusting. Either that or she calls to talk shit about me and how horrible of a mother i am. So no i dont answer the phone, i hide in the room and say "im sleeping" if she comes over, i attempt zero contact with this woman
lady-J-Rock
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 2:08 PM
Do we have the same in-laws.

Quoting Mommy4000:

They call his cell. I haven't actually spoken to any of my in-laws for about 7 years. My husband calls on holidays and they call him every time they think someone is dying, but that's about it.

Twosweetbabies
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes. I have a very close relationship with both MIL & FIL & am very thankful for it!
dipsetgrl06
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 2:19 PM
They don't call our house. They call his cell or mine.
MrsRobinson06
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 2:21 PM
I don't have a fil but mil, will send a duplicate text to me and my dh when she wants something. She never calls my phone. Occasionally she will call my husbands phone.
Seagodess
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 2:26 PM

They usually call his phone. If they call mine I will answer sometimes. Usually its only MIL who calls and she always wants something, so it depends on if I want to go do something when I am deciding if I'm going to answer.

auntangelofsix
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 6:37 PM
We do not have a land line so they calls hubbys cell n i text n talk with my family on my cell.
cgarlic
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 6:40 PM
My FIL passed when dh was a teenager. If MIL needs something she text. I've only actually called her once in the 3 years we have been together & it was an emergency
PestPatti
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:05 PM

Depends, on what's the planned event, or who is planning the event. We all get along fairly well,the hubs only sister has a 12 week old daughter.  She is a little cutie, saw her today, and will also see her next week.  

He uses my phone, because his phone is all about the minutes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN