Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
If your S/O is not home do you answer the phone??

I used to answer their calls however now I dont. My FIL has become slightly annoying with calling everyday to ask " hows it going" and then expecting me to do all the talking. Then their is my MIL ( her and FIL are no longer married) she only calls whhen she wants something or to call and tell lies to my kids. She will say shit like: "oh boys I can wait to come over again so we can just play and play" she gets them excited then never comes over. She has only seen our children 3 times since 2 days before last Christmas. Yeah sad isnt it. MIL is a total bitch for many reasons.... Anyway what about you? I dont if its imporant they can leave a message.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:44 AM
Replies (41-50):
shoot4thestars
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:46 PM

My FIL never calls me.  He'll text happy birthdays or whatever holiday it might be, and that's it.  My MIL only really calls my phone if my DH isn't answering his phone.  

ambermario4ever
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:19 PM

We only have cell phones so they only call my phone if they have a question about time with the kids or when they want to make a duplication order.

mommy2alissa
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:42 PM

Before we disowned them I was the only one who talked to them on the phone haha. Well, just MIL. FIL never called or anything. Now if they called I would probably answer and just set it next to the computer with the music from wizard of oz playing (wicked witch theme lol). We have had zero contact in almost a year though so i doubt it will be an issue 

Trukaris
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:50 PM
My mil only calls when she wants something or to harass me about how her son would be better off without me. I have blocked her and my husband rarely calls he for the holidays.
thatgirl70
by Carin on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:51 PM

Well, DH and I each have a cell phone. If MIL needs to talk to him, she'll call (or text) him. If she needs to talk to me, she'll do call (or text) me. Sometimes she sends the same text to both of us, LOL. FIL generally just calls DH, they work in the same line of business, so it's usually oilfield talk, stuff I don't really get.

mysticatgal
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:38 AM
Fil calls when husband doesn't answer, depending on what I'm doing I may answer. Mil is pretty gone mentally and I don't answer because I never know how to respond. They are not baby people and rather have little to do with little one's life at this point. I'm waiting for him to start stranger anxiety.
MrsCarnes88
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:15 AM
I love my fil and mil dearly now DH step mother on the other hand I hate and she is not welcome in my home.. long story. But if they call ill answer
CJTC0911
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:48 AM
I love talking to my mother in law, but I would never pick up for my father in law. Thankfully he never calls me!
RADmomma
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:50 AM
I am lucky!! My in laws don't call.

We haven't raked to mil since 2008 when we got married.

My Gil will text DH once in a whole.
GMW42
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Wow... I would definitely answer my FIL. My MIL passed a couple of years ago and I miss her terribly. I love my in-laws!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)