Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
If your S/O is not home do you answer the phone??

I used to answer their calls however now I dont. My FIL has become slightly annoying with calling everyday to ask " hows it going" and then expecting me to do all the talking. Then their is my MIL ( her and FIL are no longer married) she only calls whhen she wants something or to call and tell lies to my kids. She will say shit like: "oh boys I can wait to come over again so we can just play and play" she gets them excited then never comes over. She has only seen our children 3 times since 2 days before last Christmas. Yeah sad isnt it. MIL is a total bitch for many reasons.... Anyway what about you? I dont if its imporant they can leave a message.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:44 AM
Replies (51-59):
bmw29
by Buttcrackncornchips on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:41 AM
Of course, I love them like they're my own parents. At least half the time they're calling for me anyway.
karen2112
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 1:42 PM

My mil is cucko for coco-puffs. She always calls dh's cell. Sometimes when he doesn't answer she will call mine. I don't answer. For reals-she's psycho!

EyEmTuRtLe
by Turtle on Apr. 22, 2013 at 1:48 PM

I will answer the phone. If it's my FIL I'll chat with him. If it's my MIL... I simply say "I'll let him know you called" *click*.

My MIL and I do not get along at all. But my FIL and I get along great.

Nickels224
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 1:57 PM

Thank goodness they don't call on the house phone lol. Also, my DH mom calls him on his cell phone I do not speak to her other than a hi from next to him. I wouldn't answer the phone though.

marmie41
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 2:01 PM

I wish my in-laws were still alive and I could talk to them.  :(

frillyflower
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 2:03 PM
Yes I answer. Always.
kss12
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 2:06 PM
MIL only calls our house phone if ss is over here and asks how our ds is doing but really just calls for ss. It's like clockwork on the days we have ss. I unplug the phone :)
She calls my cell sometimes and I'll answer and its usually to talk about ss or ss's BM or our ds. She talks to dh almost every day if not on the phone through text.
FIL calls sometimes but knows we like our privacy so he checks in from time to time but we see both of them every Saturday for ss's games and lunch after.
I don't dislike them but I don't love them either
fullxbusymom
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Yes

lilyrose9200
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:19 AM
I call my mil and fil all the time and am thrilled when they call me. I lost my parents and a beloved Uncle and Aunt. My mil can be longwinded at times.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN