Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Looking for people who have dealt with a child with Gastroschisis.

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:26 AM
  • 15 Replies
Hello im 15weeks pregnant and we just found out that our baby has GGastroschisis. im looking for parents who have dealt with this to tell me their stories.
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jobberwocky
by Chrissy on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:41 AM
Welcome to cafemom. I have no expirence in that but just wanted to say welcome to the group. Congrats on your pregnancy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RADmomma
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:47 AM
I'm sorry I have not dealt with that, in not quite sure what it is to be honest.

Welcome to the group!!
ScrChk23
by Amanda on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:10 AM
I do not know what that is. Bump for others!! Welcome to the group. I'm sure someone will be able to help you.
DACIA79
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:53 AM
No personal experience but I hear its quite common and most babies do just fine after birth baby will be delivered by c section and then they will slowly move the intestines back in and close the hole. I see it all the time on the discovery health channel

Try not to worry
And Good luck.
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:20 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:24 PM

WElcome to CafeMom,
Have you asked your doctor about it?  Here is a gorup you may find hekpful.
Nice to meet you :)

Click here for the Pregnancy group...

Reina13
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:26 PM

Im not sure exactly what that is. I would recommend asking in the pregnancy group as well. Someone there may have more information for you.

RockstarMom1986
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:28 PM

This.

although we could have been spared some of the deets... it IS lunchtime for some of us... LOL

Quoting DACIA79:

No personal experience but I hear its quite common and most babies do just fine after birth baby will be delivered by c section and then they will slowly move the intestines back in and close the hole. I see it all the time on the discovery health channel

Try not to worry
And Good luck.

DACIA79
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Quoting RockstarMom1986:

Sorry I was raised by a nurse and I majored in Respiratory Therapy I am detailed .
elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:48 PM

I have no personal experience either, but DACIA79 is correct. Luckily you were diagnosed early. It does, however, require more than one surgery fairly often. Just make sure you do exactly as your doc tells you, and I'm sure things will work out. hugs

jconney80
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:14 PM

Hi welcome to Cafemom! I haven't dealt with it before but I hope you find someone who has!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)