Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do You Still Think About Your First Love?

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:36 PM
  • 105 Replies

When is the last time you saw him? Do you ever think about seeing him, just to see if he remembers you and see how his life turned out? How old were you when you were together? How old were you when you broke up? Were you planning on getting married? Who broke up with who?

by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stressedmama24
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Of course I do!! I see him every day. We got together when I was 17. And I married him! We are still married almost 8yrs later! :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jojo_star
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:39 PM
1 mom liked this

My first love is my husband, so yes, I think of him often, the last time I saw him was...right now, we were 18 and 30 when we met and married, and it'll be 7 years this August. 

DixieL
by Dixie on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:41 PM

The last time I saw my first love was thirty eight years ago. I still think about him. I heard that he passed almost two years ago. We got together when I was 17 and he was 20. He always told me we were going to have a house with a porch and white picket fence, with rocking chairs and watch our grandchildren play. I eventually had to break up with him. I was really depressed, for at least a couple of  years, until I met and fell in love with my husband. His friends told me that I really hurt him when I broke up with him.

Arwyn724
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:42 PM
2 moms liked this

I haven't seen my first love in 32 years, I was 20-22, he was 21-23.  I know everything that has gone on in his life since, though, because his mom has stayed in touch with me.  

Arwyn 724 

smarterthanyou
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Yes. We r Facebook friends. I wont tell dh but I still love him and always will I still wonder how life would've been for us both had we stayed together but he led a life I couldn't follow. He said he broke up w me because he wanted to b more rebellious than I was willing to b. N he's right. He got into drugs a bit. Got arrested and other stuff. That's not something I could've followed. I think I'll always love him deep down but I'm not IN love w him. And I would never jeapordize my marriage. I met up w him bout 2 years ago. For a short time. We didn't do ne thing just hugged n I got to tell him after 15 years that I never stopped living him. We were in jr high when we dated. I think I held on for so long because he was my first "I love him n don't care what ne 1 thinks" he's single n wishing he could fond someone. I was ready to tell him he had me but I finally moved on so its moot now
Rust.n.Gears
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:49 PM

He is on the sofa in his boxers. I think his life turned out great !

SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:55 PM
2 moms liked this

He is sitting right next to me :) I was 14 and he was 15 when we first got together, 18 years this year(married 13)

Lovemyshadows
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:31 PM

I haven't seen him in 20 -22 years.  We chatted on Facebook about 3 years ago.  He's doing well, married with 2 stepchildren.  His dd passed away.  We haven't chatted beyond that and I deleted him from my friends list.  I think like all of us we wonder what if.

momoftwo0406
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:35 PM
2 moms liked this
He is on the floor killing zombies right now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
graybealgirl
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:40 PM
I married my true love. He was 37 and I was 22 when we for together. Thar was 17yrs ago. Married 13 this July
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)