Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

question ..

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:39 PM
  • 7 Replies
I was changing my six month old and noticed she has like a blister on her upper thigh. I know it wasn't there this morning. Is there anything I can do about it and how could she have got it? Thanks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:55 PM

I would just leave it be for now or perhaps put a bandage over it so rubbing doesnt irritate it.

Sylvia10
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Good idea. Thanks so much
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rachael-Dawn
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:31 PM
A bite maybe? Just watch it. It could be that or just where her diaper rubs if its up high enough. If it gets worse just go to the doc.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sylvia10
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:07 PM
I was thinking it was possibly caused by her diaper. I will keep an eye on it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:38 PM
Did you recently change diaper brands?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trainlady
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Is it a blister or a bite? Or is it a boil? There are many things it could be. If indeed it is a blister figure out what she is rubbing against to give her that blister. But my bet is that its a bite or boil. Just watch it closely for the next 8 hours or so and if it really grows or changes color take her to the doctor she could have been bitten by a spider or insect and no matter how clean your house is it can happen.

kidlover2
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:02 AM
This. It took my youngest over 1 year to be diagnosed with a systemic staph infection. She's 3 now and her pediatrician is finally paying attention and getting my dd seen by immunologists.

Quoting trainlady:

Is it a blister or a bite? Or is it a boil? There are many things it could be. If indeed it is a blister figure out what she is rubbing against to give her that blister. But my bet is that its a bite or boil. Just watch it closely for the next 8 hours or so and if it really grows or changes color take her to the doctor she could have been bitten by a spider or insect and no matter how clean your house is it can happen.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN