Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Found out I was about 8 weeks pregnant...

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:22 PM
  • 7 Replies

I took a test and a few days later I got an ultrasound done, the doctor was like about 7-8 weeks. but also said it looks like it is gona miscarry, i dunno... two days later had cramping went in and did miscarry. I didnt even kno I was pregnant, I kno i didnt have a period in feb and march, but i forgot to take a test, and i did get drunk end of march for my bday at my ex's house, could being pregnant more than a month and drinking alot cause the miscarriage? I didnt even want to ask the doctor :( 

after I miscarried he even said i was most likely a couple days over 8 weeks. 

by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Beauty91805
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:23 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that. As for the alcohol I don't know. :-(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AkashaGermaine
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:26 PM
I miscarried in 10/2002. My ob/gyn told me that unless I went on a HEAVY drug or alcohol binge that I did not cause it. Of course I hadn't. I wasn't happy about being pg at the time, but I wasn't trying to end it or anything. I was almost 12 weeks at the time and ended up having a D&C.
Connerz1985
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:29 PM

I actually had to get a D&C they said it's uncommon for that early, but the period did not stop and was soo heavy and painful I had to change the pads 4 times an hr, when I told them that I went in last Tues for the D&C. (miscarried fri april12) and it was soo heavy til tues) and of course the bleeding didnt stop til yesterday actually... lol

Caitlin10081989
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:27 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. 

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:32 PM

No, it is unlikely the alcohol caused a miscarriage.  Did you know about 20% of ALL pregnancies end in miscarriage?  It used to be women would miscarry and not even know, because the tests weren't that accurate.  It is usually something like a genetic defect or random mutation.

Connerz1985
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:34 AM

thanks everyone :) 

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:36 AM

Quoting Caitlin10081989:

I am so sorry for your loss. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)