Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Found out I was about 8 weeks pregnant...

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:22 PM
  • 7 Replies

I took a test and a few days later I got an ultrasound done, the doctor was like about 7-8 weeks. but also said it looks like it is gona miscarry, i dunno... two days later had cramping went in and did miscarry. I didnt even kno I was pregnant, I kno i didnt have a period in feb and march, but i forgot to take a test, and i did get drunk end of march for my bday at my ex's house, could being pregnant more than a month and drinking alot cause the miscarriage? I didnt even want to ask the doctor :( 

after I miscarried he even said i was most likely a couple days over 8 weeks. 

by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Beauty91805
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:23 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that. As for the alcohol I don't know. :-(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AkashaGermaine
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:26 PM
I miscarried in 10/2002. My ob/gyn told me that unless I went on a HEAVY drug or alcohol binge that I did not cause it. Of course I hadn't. I wasn't happy about being pg at the time, but I wasn't trying to end it or anything. I was almost 12 weeks at the time and ended up having a D&C.
Connerz1985
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:29 PM

I actually had to get a D&C they said it's uncommon for that early, but the period did not stop and was soo heavy and painful I had to change the pads 4 times an hr, when I told them that I went in last Tues for the D&C. (miscarried fri april12) and it was soo heavy til tues) and of course the bleeding didnt stop til yesterday actually... lol

Caitlin10081989
by Ruby Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:27 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. 

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:32 PM

No, it is unlikely the alcohol caused a miscarriage.  Did you know about 20% of ALL pregnancies end in miscarriage?  It used to be women would miscarry and not even know, because the tests weren't that accurate.  It is usually something like a genetic defect or random mutation.

Connerz1985
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:34 AM

thanks everyone :) 

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:36 AM

Quoting Caitlin10081989:

I am so sorry for your loss. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)