Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do u ever feel overwhelmed or under appreciated?

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:11 PM
  • 11 Replies

NDo u ever feel overwhelms or under appreciated? Y do u feel this way? What are some tips you can give me when your feel this way? 

I definetly feel overwhelmed and under appreciated because my husband is always at work or school. So it's basically me all the time. With no help! 

by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:00 PM

As a teacher, YES I do. Some parents seem do just want to nit pick and bitch about every little thing, and ignore the progress their child is making. Luckily those parents aren't a majority, but still, exhausting at times. :)

Caitlin10081989
by Ruby Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:24 PM

Yes, I feel overwhelmed and under appreciated. 

Lonatart
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Of course!  I feel like that all the time, add the fear that I'm doing something wrong, and panic that I've forgotten to do something vitally important to the mix too.  I also feel like I'm doing a kick ass job parenting, working, keeping everyone fed and clean, and being the most awesome wife on the planet.  I usually feel all of these emotions at some point every day.

Take a break, take a breath, and realize its ok to feel overwhelmed, just as much as its ok to feel like you're the most awesome mom on the planet.  Take every day one day at a time, and know that there's a wonderful child who is amazed by how great you are, and is incredibly lucky to have you! 

If you ever feel so overwhelmed you don't know what to do, call a friend, your mom or your doctor.  I've been there too, and it was postpartum depression.  You're never alone, someone is always there to help.  Even the other moms here at CafeMom.

Ang9403
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:38 PM
I don't feel overwhelmed but I do feel underappreciated.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KendallsMommee
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:40 PM
Nope.

I'm a SAHM with a wonderful husband who shows appreciation for me, in some form or fashion, everyday.

I'm blessed.
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Overwhelmed, yes, unappreciated, no.  My husband makes sure that no matter how much or how little accomplish that I know he appreciates it.  I have been married for twenty years to a man that is away from home, six days a week.  So I have always done it all, alone.  What gets done, gets done!

cLanief
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Cha!!! Mainly overwhelmed. My brain doesn't like to try and process too much chaos at once. I run away... mentally lol
Sshort28
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:03 PM
Wow. Wish my man would appreciate the things I do!
connorsmom2009
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:42 PM

BUMP!

stephaniemom13
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:53 PM
I worked in the town of West, texas and lost my job cause i worked at the nursing home and it is completely gone and tgey said it will take at least 2 years to eebiild it & my child is due may 5 th and idk gow i am gonna provide for her without my income. I do havea wonderful husband who has a good job but not good enough to pay all our bills by himself and provide for our new born child and i can't get a new job cause nobody wants to hire the person who needa to be off for 6 weeks before i can go back to work. I have never been so stressed out in my life and i just wanna sit down and cry. I have always had a job since i was 16 years old idk what to do to even begin to fix this for my family.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN