Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

OMG this is getting really stupid.  It's April 22 and we are getting hit with YET another snowstorm.  I'm going to flip here soon if the snow doesn't just go away!

... WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 8 PM THIS EVENING TO 1 PM EDT TUESDAY...

HAZARDOUS WEATHER...

* SNOW WILL DEVELOP THIS EVENING AND WILL FALL HEAVY AT TIMES THROUGH THE NIGHT INTO EARLY TUESDAY MORNING BEFORE DIMINISHING BY LATE TUESDAY MORNING.

* STORM TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 6 TO 11 INCHES ARE EXPECTED BY LATE TUESDAY MORNING.

* SOME BLOWING SNOW WILL OCCUR IN OPEN AREAS NEAR LAKE SUPERIOR TUESDAY MORNING AS GUSTY NORTH WINDS DEVELOP.

IMPACTS...

* BECAUSE THE SNOW WILL BE WET... TRAVEL WILL BE ESPECIALLY HAZARDOUS TONIGHT THROUGH TUESDAY MORNING.

* THE HEAVY... WET SNOW WILL ALSO BE DIFFICULT TO SHOVEL AND PLOW.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

* A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW ARE FORECAST THAT WILL MAKE TRAVEL DANGEROUS.

* PREPARE... PLAN... AND STAY INFORMED.

its a boyVicky

by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:59 PM
Replies (21-24):
Caitlin10081989
by Ruby Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:20 PM

Enjoy the snow.

NDADanceMom
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:35 PM
I'm hoping for a snow day tomorrow
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
trainlady
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 6:58 AM

I'll take the snow. Right now I am sitting in a house with no heat or hot water and 4" of mud in my basement. We had a flood last Thursday and Friday and it was devasting. Water washed out all the houses west of mine. I lost my washer, dryer, freezer, furnace, and hot water heater. And would you believe I have homeowners and flood insurance and neither one covers the contents of  my house? They will replace the furnace and water heater, but not the other appliances nor my personal things like furniture. So check your insurance policies to make sure the contents of your house are covered. Bring me the snow and i'll trade you for a ton of muc. LOL

slransde
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:50 AM
MN

Quoting gavs4boys:

Where do you live?

Quoting slransde:

I know!!! I'm pissed!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)