Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Wedding help ( really stressed out)

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:21 AM
  • 10 Replies
So me and SO just had a quick courthouse wedding planned but now my parents and his parents and other family want to come so we are not doing the courthouse anymore and we found a beautiful place to get married. I just scheduled a appointment online with David's bridal for Saturday. The issue here is the wedding is in a little over 2,weeks. I have no idea how these wedding dress places work but if I find a dress in my size can I take it home right away? I really need a dress ASAP.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
The_Doodle
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:22 AM

It depends on the style of dress and what they have in stock at that particular store. In my experience, I had to get measured and had to have my dress specially made because I'm so short...

The_Doodle
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Plus, even if a dress fits you, you may need alterations.

MommySarah986
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:23 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommySarah986
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:24 AM
I'm 5'2 so not very tall but I can wear high heels. I really need a dress right away and really stressing about it:/

Quoting The_Doodle:

It depends on the style of dress and what they have in stock at that particular store. In my experience, I had to get measured and had to have my dress specially made because I'm so short...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommySarah986
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:25 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
The_Doodle
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:26 AM

I'm an inch taller than you ;) I would just go in and immediately tell them your situation with your time frame. You don't want to browse and fall in love with a dress that you won't be able to get a proper fit for, ya know? 

Quoting MommySarah986:

I'm 5'2 so not very tall but I can wear high heels. I really need a dress right away and really stressing about it:/

Quoting The_Doodle:

MommySarah986
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:28 AM
Thanks. I will tell them right away that my wedding will be in 2 weeks. Do you think they will just let me take it right away if it fits? What about if I take it to a regular tailor?

Quoting The_Doodle:

I'm an inch taller than you ;) I would just go in and immediately tell them your situation with your time frame. You don't want to browse and fall in love with a dress that you won't be able to get a proper fit for, ya know? 

Quoting MommySarah986:

Quoting The_Doodle:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
The_Doodle
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:33 AM

I'm not sure if they let you take it right away. I know they would for bridesmaid dresses, but I got my dress from another place. Everyone I know who had to have alterations for my wedding, it took about a week to get it back. It really does depend on the store though. Especially where it is starting to get warmer. The wait times could be longer due to more weddings.

Quoting MommySarah986:

Thanks. I will tell them right away that my wedding will be in 2 weeks. Do you think they will just let me take it right away if it fits? What about if I take it to a regular tailor?

Quoting The_Doodle:

Quoting MommySarah986:

Quoting The_Doodle:

MixedCooke
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:46 AM

yeah as long as it fits you nicely and you can pay for it in full, you can definitely take it home the same day!

TonyaO
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:53 AM
I'm also short (not quite 5ft) I found a two piece dress works best for me with minimal alterations, especially with a corset type top. Good luck!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN