Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you and your DH go on separate vacations?

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:11 PM
  • 50 Replies

We've always gone away together but now my hubby wants to go to Las Vegas with his friends!

We don't get a lot of vacation time so I'm kind iof annoyed about this.

Should I let him go?

Have you and your dh ever gone away without each other? How did it go?

by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
princeessville
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:13 PM
Me and my hubs sometimes go together and sometimrs its just me and the kiddos
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Marimaru
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 1:09 PM

We've both gone to Vegas without the other.  Guys trips and girls trips.

CrimsonRadiance
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 1:10 PM
We haven't ever been on a vacation period... :-/ so no
momoflivrose
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 3:05 PM
If you are able to swing multiple vacations...and as long as you get one with the girls...go for it. We usually take one big vacay and a few weekend trips. Id one of those weekend trips was with the guys, I would be okay with that. He has been on fishing trips and to the races with the guys...I just have yet to go on my own.
Allebas
by Gold Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 3:26 PM

Well---we go on vacations together and he also takes our kids camping and I stay HOME b/c I ABSOLUTELY HATE, HATE, HATE camping!!!! YUCK!!! Dirt, bugs, spiders, no flushing toilets, etc.,etc!! YA!! I know I would be MISERABLE if I went camping with them, so I just wave bye to them and go inside our house and ENJOY the peace and quiet!!! Its kind of ironic actually!! His mom sent my DH a letter about 4 months before we got married!! (DH was away at training in the military before we got married). Anyway, she was trying to convince my DH NOT to marry me!! What an IDIOT!! She said, "You like the out-of-doors! Does she?" UGH!!! As if me NOT liking the 'out-of-doors' was going to cause us to get a divorce!!! She wrote a bunch of other nonsense!! Thankfully, DH basically ignored the letter!  We will be VERY, VERY HAPPILY married 21 years come this November!!!

nanasue31204
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 3:32 PM
Nope, wouldn't even consider separate vacations. We don't get a whole lot of time together so vacations are for us to reconnect. Neither of us really have close friends that we'd want to go with anyways, we've pretty much been on our own, together, since we were 16.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
theresaphilly
by Theresa on Apr. 23, 2013 at 3:43 PM

We do, I will go away one week during the Summer with my friends and then he will go two weeks after I come home with his friends. We also go together for a week during the Summer months.

EyEmTuRtLe
by Turtle on Apr. 23, 2013 at 3:50 PM

Yes we do. I just went on a vacation last week to another state and left our DS with DH. Loved it and wish it was longer. But I reallllllly needed the de-stress time.

My DH will take one next month with a friend and DS (15y) will take one in June with his friend. Our individual vacations last only a week. 

I've even been known to call my DH's boss and ask if there are any business trips coming up they can send him on. Don't get me wrong... I love my DH & DS but I very rarely go on vacation. 

Snaps_xo
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 3:50 PM
Seems very odd to me.
storkradio193
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 4:51 PM

We have always gone on vacation together.  But, I don't think a guy or girls trip somewhere is odd if you have the time and finances.

http://www.cafemom.com/home/storkradio193

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN