Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

If color doesnt take, how long should i wait to re-dye it?

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:51 PM
  • 7 Replies

i colored my hair today. It was a dark brown (my natural color) to a honey blonde, but mainly the roots took. i have thick curly hair. could i just buy the exact same box and re-color it where it didnt take, or do i need to wait a bit?

by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
NDADanceMom
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 1:07 PM
I'd never do my own hair! That said if you go darker and are coloring you can do it right away. You have to wait weeks when going lighter and bleaching.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
I_got_curves
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 1:10 PM

well i dont want to go any lighter, just the exact same color

Quoting NDADanceMom:

I'd never do my own hair! That said if you go darker and are coloring you can do it right away. You have to wait weeks when going lighter and bleaching.

ToniTennille
by Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Well if the color you are trying to achieve is lighter then your natural color you can't lift color with color. It's a good idea to wait 12 to 15 days before recoloring your hair. ;)

LoriAnn87
by Gold Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Whenever I dye my hair I always use 2 boxes because my hair is very thick and if I miss couple of spots or want it a little darker I wait couple of days before dying it again.

NDADanceMom
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 2:28 PM
If its the same color why color it? If you are going lighter than what you are changing it contains bleach and you can't bleach twice. You can only go darker because that is dye

Quoting I_got_curves:

well i dont want to go any lighter, just the exact same color

Quoting NDADanceMom:

crwspringer
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 2:49 PM
I wouldn't do it myself. You should go to a salon for a consultation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momas.lil.kissz
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 3:00 PM
The only way to make it take it to lighten it your hair ends are to dark to lighten to tht color. I wnt to Cosmo school and I do my own hair it blond in top and dark brown on bottom vry hard to do alone, but I get it done :) anywho get a lighting kit and the same color blond box u like lighten the ends redo the box color and hopefully it will work out for you. The lightening is gonna alow your hair to absorbe the box color it wnt now bc it only lightens so much and it's just not enuf to complete wht u need. Hope this helps you. O yea u should also wait one day inbetween these processes. It strains your hair but your only doin it once and thn use heavy conditioner alls you'll hv to touch up will b the regrowth
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN