Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Anyone REALLY overweight and wanting to lose weight??

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 5:27 PM
  • 27 Replies

I would love some support in trying to lose weight and eating healthier and exercising more! 

by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 5:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RADmomma
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 5:27 PM
I need to loose 50 lbs
sweetr0se
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Awesome! I want to start tomorrow, I'm broke so I can't do the whole healthy food thing and I don't have a scale so I'll have to tell you how many inches I lost off my waist and also talk about how I'm exersizing during the day and I plan on drinking more water! 

MamaRae85
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 5:33 PM

I'm a member of the Healthy Weight Loss group. I'm not on it as much since I got pregnant, but it's a pretty good group! Good luck on your weight loss journey!

sweetr0se
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Thank you I'll check that out! And congrats on your pregnancy!

Quoting MamaRae85:

I'm a member of the Healthy Weight Loss group. I'm not on it as much since I got pregnant, but it's a pretty good group! Good luck on your weight loss journey!

Rosebud27aj
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Yep I need to lose weight...I started in feb with eating healthy and excersing...I've lost 9 lbs so far...

roro_c
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 6:30 PM

Starting a new life journey doesn't take money you can do this  start with small changes I started with setting some real rules and boundries for myself  i.e  no eating in the car, no fast food, I started reading labels and realized what was in the food and the calorie count,  these are just a few things u can do as well to get started Good Luck  to you  you can do it.....

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 6:38 PM

I'd love to lose weight having a over active thyroid prevents me doing it though. No matter how hard i try, and no martter how much excersize, or eating healthy or you name it I do, it don't help then i get frustrated and stress adds to it. It really sucks... good luck on your journey!

theresa13183
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 6:53 PM

well when i was trying to lose weight i found that it was hard to keep up with working out and drinking water as the way to lose weight....it was just too easy to procrastinate or say oh one soda wont hurt

so i got a pad of paper and i counted calories....i found that it was a great way to motivate me....when i counted how many calories were in something i found myself saying....eh i'm not THAT hungry and would get something smaller....i started off at 1000 calories a day...its not doctor recommended and not healthy but it didn't affect me at all and i found i never went hungry

i'd go in the kitchen to get food and realize that i was bored not hungry and didn't feel like doing to work to write the calories down...it helped me stop overeating when i wasn't even hungry in the first place....its a dramatic diet and usually looked down upon but i found it worked...now that i'm at a weight that i like i don't count anymore i just have a better idea of how much i really need to eat and maintain my weight very well

i barely work out and eat what i like i just eat only as much as i need :)

i hope this helps i know its not for everybody but it worked for me since i hate exercise and don't really like the taste of bland water

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa :) on Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:15 PM

ohhh i do! i need to lose lots!!

mbc324
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:21 PM

I lost 130 lbs in 11 months and gained some back this winter so Im on board for sure.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)