Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Anyone REALLY overweight and wanting to lose weight??

Posted by   + Show Post

I would love some support in trying to lose weight and eating healthier and exercising more! 

by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 5:27 PM
Replies (11-20):
sweetr0se
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Wow I could really use some pointers!! 

Quoting mbc324:

I lost 130 lbs in 11 months and gained some back this winter so Im on board for sure.

iwanabemomie
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:16 PM

I need to loose 25lbs.

EvaTheDiva29
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:22 PM

i need to lose, i would like, 100 pounds. or as close as possible. i jpoined the ymca a few weeks ago, and of course, as usual, i do something and i can't really jump on it bc i have to pick ds up from school all the time. lame. but im trying.

Jacqalyn
by Gold Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:28 PM
I'm working on mine. I try to keep my calories at 1200 a day and drink plenty of water, eat smaller portion, plus walk. Instead of using a regular dinner plate, try using a child size plate.
As for exercise (besides the walking) i am spending money there only because it seems to help me more. I joined curves and only pay $36.81 a month. Of course there are exercises you can do at home. You have to choose what works for you.
I'm down from 227 but have hit a stump where my weight fluxiate between 202 and 205.
I wish you luck in your weight loss journey.
MommyTo5Boys
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:31 PM

I have lost 65 so far and only have a few to go to my first goal but I have about 35 more to go to my ultimate goal. :)

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

sweetr0se
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:32 PM

Thanks I'll try drinking only water and smaller portions tomorrow and try walking more!! I have many child sized plates!

Quoting Jacqalyn:

I'm working on mine. I try to keep my calories at 1200 a day and drink plenty of water, eat smaller portion, plus walk. Instead of using a regular dinner plate, try using a child size plate.
As for exercise (besides the walking) i am spending money there only because it seems to help me more. I joined curves and only pay $36.81 a month. Of course there are exercises you can do at home. You have to choose what works for you.
I'm down from 227 but have hit a stump where my weight fluxiate between 202 and 205.

Jacqalyn
by Gold Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:35 PM
Oh yeah, and do not go back for seconds.

Quoting sweetr0se:

Thanks I'll try drinking only water and smaller portions tomorrow and try walking more!! I have many child sized plates!

Quoting Jacqalyn:

myhandsomelove
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:37 PM
Healthy weight loss group is amazing. There's a bunch of great support and advice there. Good luck on your healthy journey :)
sweetr0se
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Thanks ladies!! You have made me feel really good and motivated today!! 

mbc324
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:18 AM

I found out I was a diabetic and started eating tons of fresh & frozen veggies, had to watch the fruit because of the carbs, lots of fish, chicken and turkey. Drinking lots of water is important too. Eating 6 small meals a day truly helped me get started, you dont feel hungry half the day & I dont have that feeling that I need to eat because I get to eat so many times during the day. I walked a lot, have gotten a bit lazy. I need a fire under my butt to get me going again. The way you cook your food has a lot to do with dieting too. Steaming, broiling, grilling or boiling is best, if frying in oil its best to use olive oil and you dont need much.

Keep in touch, we can help each other, you can light that fire under my butt!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)