Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Anyone REALLY overweight and wanting to lose weight??

Posted by   + Show Post

I would love some support in trying to lose weight and eating healthier and exercising more! 

by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 5:27 PM
Replies (21-27):
sweetr0se
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:24 PM

Do you have fish recipes??  And I'm going to try to get out and walkt today along with drinking my 8 glasses of water!!

Quoting mbc324:

I found out I was a diabetic and started eating tons of fresh & frozen veggies, had to watch the fruit because of the carbs, lots of fish, chicken and turkey. Drinking lots of water is important too. Eating 6 small meals a day truly helped me get started, you dont feel hungry half the day & I dont have that feeling that I need to eat because I get to eat so many times during the day. I walked a lot, have gotten a bit lazy. I need a fire under my butt to get me going again. The way you cook your food has a lot to do with dieting too. Steaming, broiling, grilling or boiling is best, if frying in oil its best to use olive oil and you dont need much.

Keep in touch, we can help each other, you can light that fire under my butt!!

beadingmom17
by Rachel on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:31 PM
You'd be surprised how much cheaper it is to buy/prepare healthy food than to buy crap.

Quoting sweetr0se:

Awesome! I want to start tomorrow, I'm broke so I can't do the whole healthy food thing and I don't have a scale so I'll have to tell you how many inches I lost off my waist and also talk about how I'm exersizing during the day and I plan on drinking more water! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beadingmom17
by Rachel on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:33 PM
Definitely check out the Healthy Weight Loss group and have them do your BMR!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hoevegirl1986
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:34 PM
I have a 150lbs to loss
GMW42
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Hi... I'm looking to lose about 80- 90 pounds. Wow, I never really stopped  to compare where I'm at to where I want to be. :-(  I joined Planet Fitness about 6 weeks ago and have been changing my eating habits... in all that time I'm down about 3 pounds. Obviously, I need more but I'm sort of at a loss...

beadingmom17
by Rachel on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:48 PM
You should check out the Healthy Weight Loss group, too, and have your BMR done!

Quoting GMW42:

Hi... I'm looking to lose about 80- 90 pounds. Wow, I never really stopped  to compare where I'm at to where I want to be. :-(  I joined Planet Fitness about 6 weeks ago and have been changing my eating habits... in all that time I'm down about 3 pounds. Obviously, I need more but I'm sort of at a loss...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mbc324
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:19 PM

I put my fish in the oven at 350 or broiler with a tiny bit of I cant believe its not butter on top and lemon pepper and watch it so it doesnt dry out.

Quoting sweetr0se:

Do you have fish recipes??  And I'm going to try to get out and walkt today along with drinking my 8 glasses of water!!

Quoting mbc324:

I found out I was a diabetic and started eating tons of fresh & frozen veggies, had to watch the fruit because of the carbs, lots of fish, chicken and turkey. Drinking lots of water is important too. Eating 6 small meals a day truly helped me get started, you dont feel hungry half the day & I dont have that feeling that I need to eat because I get to eat so many times during the day. I walked a lot, have gotten a bit lazy. I need a fire under my butt to get me going again. The way you cook your food has a lot to do with dieting too. Steaming, broiling, grilling or boiling is best, if frying in oil its best to use olive oil and you dont need much.

Keep in touch, we can help each other, you can light that fire under my butt!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)