Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Changing your child's name?

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:34 PM
  • 35 Replies
I was just curious what fellow cm'ers thought about parents changing their child/ren's names. Whether it be changing the spelling of their name to completely changing their name or even dropping a name. Have any of you been in this situation? Ever think about?
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CHLOES_MOM2008
by Sarah on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:37 PM
Bump
annas_momma
by 1 Crazy Momma ♥ on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:37 PM
I have never thought about it, but I did have a friend who had her parents legally change her name in middle school. She just really couldn't stand her name, and was so much happier once it was changed.

My neighbor's daughter is going through the same thing. She is about to legally change her daughter's name since her daughter wants it changed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaylaybaby666
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:38 PM
I plan to change ny daughters last name
Tipsen
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:39 PM
I legally changed my name. I see nothing wrong with it.
sydjademom24
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:43 PM
I was adopted at 7 months old and my birth mom named me Nora and when I was adopted they changed my name to Rachel. I dont know if I would change a kids name after a certain point cuz it would be confusing for the baby.
CHLOES_MOM2008
by Sarah on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:44 PM
I mean more like because the parent wants to change it not so much the kid wants it changed. The child is too young to even understand.
Jennyanne322
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:45 PM
I am trying to change DS last name. It's been a year and his dad still won't sign the papers for it.
CjEmmemommy
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:46 PM

I wanted to really bad. My oldest is named after his dad and I hate it. I didn't want a jr and I wish we could change it. He goes by CJ anyway so name him chad something with a j middle name and he wouldn't know. Lol

Mrsmayaguy
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:51 PM

I don't thinki would personally but if the child is super young....it won't mess them up.  Guess that's ok.  We agonize over our kids name.  In our state you have up to a year for the name on the certificate.  Luck hon!

Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:51 PM
We changed my 9yo DD's name, sort of. When she was about 3 we switched her first and middle names.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN