Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

A New/Old Mom

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:41 AM
  • 6 Replies

I'm new to Cafe Mom but old to motherhood.  Of three, my oldest is 24 and she recently joined the Navy.  My middle daughter, soon to be 21, attends college, My son, 19, is trying to "find himself".  He wishes now he had listened to me and had better grades in school. 

So, I'm babyboomer mom.  No diapers to deal with but I still get to hear wining and complaining.  Mother bird is getting ready to push the baby birds out of the nest and out of MY WALLET. 

by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:57 AM

Yup I think they are all ready for the freedom.  Good for the older two making something of their lives and i hope their brother catches up to them.  I have a step son in his late 20s and he is turning into the perpetual college student, now going for his PhD in the field.

hriabywx4
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:53 AM
Welcome! I'm not quite as far along in motherhood as you, my oldest will be 14 next month! But we raise my husbands younger brother from 11-19 and it was bittersweet when he flew! So proud of him but scared at the same time :) a year and a half later and he's doin well!

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:51 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:18 AM

Welcome to Cafemom,
I hear that song & dance of yours & know all yours will be fine too,
Here is another group you may find helpful.  Nice to meet you :)

Join us at
Time Out for You

funhappymom
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:40 AM

Welcome! How exciting that your oldest is joining the Navy. I am sure you are very proud of her, as I'm sure you are of the other two.

I am sure that your son will find his way soon enough. I'm sure it's hard not to say told you so to him, lol.

Jennifer508
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:15 AM
Hello. I am a mother to 3. My oldest is 16 then 14 and 5. Nice to meet you.
Reina13
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Welcome to Cafemom. I hope you enjoy it here. Congrats on your daughter joining the Navy. I think that is awesome.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN