Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

This really irks me!!!!

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:22 PM
  • 11 Replies
I am definitely not a English nazi but there have been a few post on Facebook from someone I know that really irks me. Tell me what you think.

" the truck broke down today so we pooled it with the four wheeler"

"Pups for sale they are fool blooded pits"

"Girl dog found in my nabor hood today"

And this is an adult posting this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RADmomma
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:26 PM
Common words drive me nuts.

But then when I type online on my phone it likes to autocorrect me & make zero sense.
outtamymynd
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:27 PM
I always smh but the fact is, not everyone is great at spelling. It's whatevs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beadingmom17
by Rachel on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:27 PM
1 mom liked this
I corrected a friend today, lol. He posted "Go home April your drunk". I pointed out it should be "you're"...couldn't stop myself!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Due9
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:28 PM
1 mom liked this

That is painful to read

Fjamrkr
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:22 PM
1 mom liked this
At first I thought "maybe this person doesn't believe in the letter U?" I hate the letter C with a passion..
But then I saw it was there in the word "truck" so I know that's not it... Sadly, not everyone paid attention through 13 years of English and language arts classes. They're blissfully unaware of their grammatical shortcomings and wouldn't have it any other way. Why rock the boat? I only ever say something if I genuinely can't understand what they were trying to say. Otherwise, I just imagine silly scenarios in my head. Like a truck and a four wheeler hanging out together in a big pool. Maybe with a few cars... Playing Marco Volvo.
RyansMommie07
by Jessica Lynne on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:31 PM

i'd rather read someone who can't spell than someone who chooses not to. this was posted a few days ago..."Home bored, wish me n da fam had sumthing to do when da older kids get out of Skool , but da weather sucks!!!"  i had to hide her posts because theyre all ghetto spelled like that. it makes my head hurt. :/

goldilocksbecky
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:16 PM

I post on my local "buy and sell" type site and there are several people on there whose spelling and grammar make me cringe.  It's seriously so bad that you can't even understand what they are talking about.  Several people write "asken" or "askun" or "atskin" instead of "asking" (as in "askun $20" for the item).  Really?

bottomline
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:17 PM

I am a terrible speller, have been all my life. I don't do it specifically to irritate anyone, it just happens. We all make communication errors. I try not to dwell too much on the idea that correct spelling brings more or less sense to the statement at hand.

AustinRonMommy
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:17 PM

I agree with you...it drives me insane!!! 

Rust.n.Gears
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:20 PM
I get comments often on my posts. I have speech apraxia and dyslexia. Most people don't know. But they are quick to judge. I don't get that bad but still it is not the end if the world. I think many people can get over little things like this.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)