Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

SURPRISE!!!! Update!

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:50 PM
  • 8 Replies
I am throwing a surprise baby shower and end of the year party for dd's class and teacher.

Anyone have any ideas?

Update 4/26 sent the invites out
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mrsledford09
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:51 PM
Her teacher is having a girl. All the moms came to me and asked if we could do a baby shower with the end of the year party. I want both of the parties to be equal. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
mrsledford09
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 6:59 PM
Noone can help me?
RWestman
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh how fun! Check out Pinterest posts about baby shower ideas. There are so many!

bluedolly01
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:13 PM
I would say that they need to be separate events. Maybe the school party at the end of the day, kids go home to dads etc or even outside to play (perhaps a couple of older siblings could be enlisted to babysit - paid of course) and then do afternoon tea for the baby shower afterwards.

I think something is going to be lost (most likely the baby shower) if you try to combine them as one party.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsledford09
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:22 PM
We have to do them together, there are 3 weeks left for school. We have the end of the year program (that will be another party) the day after the 'party'. I have talked to the moms and everyone is ok with it. They actually came to me about it. I am doing some research, though :) alot of people have been doing them.

Quoting bluedolly01:

I would say that they need to be separate events. Maybe the school party at the end of the day, kids go home to dads etc or even outside to play (perhaps a couple of older siblings could be enlisted to babysit - paid of course) and then do afternoon tea for the baby shower afterwards.

I think something is going to be lost (most likely the baby shower) if you try to combine them as one party.

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:35 PM
I threw baby showers for both kids' teachers last year. For both, I gave the kids 4"x6" index cards and had them write good luck notes to the teachers. Almost all of the 6th graders suggested she name her baby after them the first graders offered to babysit. The notes were really cute! They also had to decorate the cards and then I put them in a photo album. We had cupcakes and snacks. For the first grade teacher, one of the moms drew a tree with branches on acanvas and each student dipped a thumb in pink paint (she knew it was a girl, we had 3 shades of pink) and their thumbprints were the leaves. It was beautiful! Another mom ordered laminated bookmarks that said "readers are made on their parents' laps" (maybe not the exact wording) and had the teacher's name and shower date.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsledford09
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:38 PM
Awww!!! I love those ideas!! Thank you so much :)

Quoting coolmommy2x:

I threw baby showers for both kids' teachers last year. For both, I gave the kids 4"x6" index cards and had them write good luck notes to the teachers. Almost all of the 6th graders suggested she name her baby after them the first graders offered to babysit. The notes were really cute! They also had to decorate the cards and then I put them in a photo album. We had cupcakes and snacks. For the first grade teacher, one of the moms drew a tree with branches on acanvas and each student dipped a thumb in pink paint (she knew it was a girl, we had 3 shades of pink) and their thumbprints were the leaves. It was beautiful! Another mom ordered laminated bookmarks that said "readers are made on their parents' laps" (maybe not the exact wording) and had the teacher's name and shower date.

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:43 PM
You're welcome! Glad to help!

Quoting mrsledford09:

Awww!!! I love those ideas!! Thank you so much :)

Quoting coolmommy2x:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN