Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

New and Need Help / Advice!!!!

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:35 PM
  • 14 Replies

I am 32 and my husband is 34.  We have been together for 5 ½ years and married for 2 years.  My husband has 2 daughters, ages 9 and 12 and we share time 50/50 with their mother.  The girls are great and I love them dearly!!  Wouldn't change a thing!!!  I am more of a mother to them then their own - and that is not at all being sarcastic!!  I do EVERYTHING for the children (make calendars, all doctors and dentist appointments, school projects, field trips, you name it,  etc....).

Here's my dilemma..............  I have known since meeting my husband that he DID NOT want any more children!!  This is a sacrifice that I made and I am OK with it.  BUT, I am now 4 days late on my period and something is telling me that I might be pregnant!  I have never ever been late!!!  I am on the pill and have never missed a day of the pill (have been on it for 10+ years).  I am scared to death to find out and I am scared to death to tell my husband, if in fact I am pregnant!

I am just so very scared of how he will react (if I am) and I don't know what to do...........  Will he be mad?  Will he leave me?  Will this put a damper in our marriage?  Will he blame me? 

Keep in mind, we are a very happy, fun loving couple.  No problems.  We love our free time every other weekend and enjoy traveling visiting new places.  He has just made it clear from day 1, that having more children is something he had absolutely no interest in and didn't want it.

HELP!!!!!!!!  I am so afraid to tell anyone, so I am hoping for some advice here!!!

Feeling very lonely and scared!!!!

by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom_dl6
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Well if you're pregnant it was meant to be esp. if you've been on the pill that long. I say find out for sure first,Go to the Doctors or get a test and then if you are just talk to him and go from there. Good luck :0)

JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:57 PM
1 mom liked this

If you religiously took the pill as you say, then you are no more responsible for this than your husband. He really has no right to be mad and certainly not to leave you. I could expect there may be some disappointment but that should be the extent of it.

Lionpaw
by Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 4:06 PM
1 mom liked this

go take a test asap! Its possible! no birth control method except abstinence is 100% effective!

It might be a shock to him, but I can't imagine any decent father would be horribly upset that their wife is pregnant and might give them another bundle of joy. KWIM?

Hugs!

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:27 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 4:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to CafeMom,
I guess you need to take a test asap,
If indeed you are then yes you'll have to tell him.
Remember it takes two <g>
Good luck & let us know what happens :)

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 4:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with this.

Quoting Lionpaw:

go take a test asap! Its possible! no birth control method except abstinence is 100% effective!

It might be a shock to him, but I can't imagine any decent father would be horribly upset that their wife is pregnant and might give them another bundle of joy. KWIM?

Hugs!

LuLuRex
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Hello and welcome!

I wouldn't get stressed out just yet. Like the others are saying, go take a test.

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat with us Every Tuesday! 

mommyofgirl1974
by Lyn on Apr. 25, 2013 at 5:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes go take a test and go from there. Good luck!

wifemomteacher
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 5:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Test!!!  It is better to know asap.  If you are 4 days late a test should defintely pick it up.  Mine did! And I really hope that he isn't mad if you are pregnant!!!  Maybe shocked....but not mad....I hope he's happy!!!  Good luck with it either way!!

momofjrjd
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 6:28 PM
1 mom liked this
my fiance didnt want more kids either i am 36 weeks pregnant now and he is still with me. be honest with him its not your fault birth control isnt one hundred percent. three out of four of my sons were concieved on birth control so i know. i know you dont want to upset him but if he really didnt want more he could have permanently took that decision away with a vesectomy and you never know he may get used to the idea and deal with it like my guy. especially if its a boy just take the test and talk to him good luck i know how you feel.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JNL123191
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:44 PM

Thank you all.  I will test!!  :/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)