Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

After the kids have gone...

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:13 PM
  • 10 Replies

the kids are gone and i have always been a stay at home mom but now am feeling what about me?

by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bebe_ju-rah
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Gone like grown or gone like out for the night? When our kids are both grown we plan to buy an rv and travel. :) When they are spending the night out I just go to bed early. Lol
KMAsMommy9182
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:19 PM

Get a hobby or a job....just something you enjoy doing.  If you just sit around the house, you are going to go crazy!

lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:19 PM

Now its time for you . To find you and your passions for life. Join those groups you used to dream about. Take a class or two on something that interests you. Connect with friends that are in the same boat.Rekindle your marriage. Travel, sit in the sun, drink wine, skinny dip in the pool whatever you desire.This is your time !

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:20 PM

Take clases you always wanted to take, find a job or start up  a hobby.  Tons of things to do just have to figure out how to keep busy until the grand kids start coming over.

Arwyn724
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I had a life before kids, while the kids were home, and now that they are gown and leaving I will continue to enjoy the things I've always enjoyed.  My kids were (and still are) very important to me, but they were never the only thing in my life.  I tried to be more well-rounded then that.  Go out and find something you can be passionate about, the sky's the limit.  

Arwyn 724 

godsgirl26
Happy thanksgiving :)
Yesterday at 10:44 AM
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:07 PM
When my kids are gone I will probably be a homemaker lol. I know we will start traveling that's for sure.
TableforSeven
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:03 AM

Think of a cause you car about and volunteer.  Or find a part-time job doing something you enjoy.  Or start a new hobby.  

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:11 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group,
After they are gone .. time to enjoy things you like to do,
You;re noit alone :)

faith49
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:40 PM

No the kids are older 24 & 21. Just feeling empty nested..

ApathyAngel
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:52 PM

Sounds like it's time for hobbies!  Try taking up knitting or crocheting, and you can start making adorable baby clothes and blankets for your future grandchildren.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN