Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Let's Chat: What's on your mind?

Posted by   + Show Post

Let's Chat!

What are you up to today?

Tell us what's on your mind...

• Reply to this post and let us know what's on your mind today!
  • Chat with the other members by Quoting their replies.

If you're new to CafeMom and have questions, please feel free to ask them here!

have a nice weekend

Tips:
*To chat with other members, use the Quote button above their reply to quote and respond to them!
*To see if anyone has Quoted you, check the My Activity tab at the top of every page.

by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:14 AM
Replies (281-290):
lilmommyof42002
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:34 PM

Help please!! I have adopted my step son and I feel like he doesn't love me. Long story so I will try to make it short. He was only 6 when my husband and I met and his biological mom wasn't in the picture and hadn't been since he was 2. At the age of 6 he was calling me Mom and then my husband and I seperated for a week and the bio-mom got him for like a year and we got him back and I got her to sign over rights and allow for adoption and he is now 11 and we have had him back for a long time and he still won't call me Mom again the bio-mom abused him bad and he is terrified of her so there's no telling what she told the child. He was so excited about me adopting him, but he still won't call me Mom and it hurts bad!!

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:59 PM
What about foster parenting?

Quoting Sunkiss74:

I cant have a baby period. I would have to adopted. :(

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe the word 'mom' reminds him of what his BM did to him. What about you and your SS come up with a nickname that he call you instead of 'mom'?

Quoting lilmommyof42002:

Help please!! I have adopted my step son and I feel like he doesn't love me. Long story so I will try to make it short. He was only 6 when my husband and I met and his biological mom wasn't in the picture and hadn't been since he was 2. At the age of 6 he was calling me Mom and then my husband and I seperated for a week and the bio-mom got him for like a year and we got him back and I got her to sign over rights and allow for adoption and he is now 11 and we have had him back for a long time and he still won't call me Mom again the bio-mom abused him bad and he is terrified of her so there's no telling what she told the child. He was so excited about me adopting him, but he still won't call me Mom and it hurts bad!!

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:07 PM

Mobile Photo

Little man at papa's today.
kristinayates
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:37 PM
I miss my son...kris..he will be 20 this weekend. I get to see him in prison. He was 18 when he went to visit a girl who was 17 the mother was suppose to be there..i realize son is no angel but they were left alone and started having sex. The girl started screaming rape ..my son was arrested..he recieved 8 yrs. My heart is broken..they gave him 8 yrs..he was suppose ti go into the marines this summer..he passed the tests. This is what are taxes pay for ..not for the real perverts out there ...my son when he get out has to be listed as a sex offender...we live in east Texas ..Tyler..to be exact ...i somehow will have to say happy 20 th birthday in prison

Quoting Cafe Steph:

Let's Chat!

have a nice weekend

Tips:
*To chat with other members, use the Quote button above their reply to quote and respond to them!
*To see if anyone has Quoted you, check the My Activity tab at the top of every page.

mommaof1777
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:48 PM

I had a wonderful time at church today. The Lord has blessed me so much with our son and our house... My baby is finally cutting teeth . Has 1 through but not fully up all the way yet .. And hasc2 more trying to come through.. Any suggestions would be great .. 

kristinayates
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:56 PM
Ohh ps. Im kristinayates from earlier ..i also have a 2 year old who depends on me everyday which I good or I would go nuts .i keep I keep thinking if he will know his brother when he gets out...kris tells me hr doesnt want him to visit at prison and he was going to grow up better than him and to become a better man than what he is...breaks my heart

Quoting Cafe Steph:

Let's Chat!

have a nice weekend

Tips:

momoverload1971
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:02 PM
Thank you for helping.Nice meet you.

Quoting Cafe Steph:

Let's Chat!

have a nice weekend

Tips:

BeachMommy07
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:09 PM
I just got done reading some horrible news stories online unfortunately everytime I check my email the current news stories come up and it's horrible... and everyone should just hug there kid(s) a little tighter. This world is a scary place and each day is a gift.
BeachMommy07
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:11 PM
Quoting ScrChk23:

Mobile Photo

Little man at papa's today.
aww!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)