Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

HELP WITH A BOO-BOO

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 5:28 PM
  • 6 Replies

My daughter hurt her elbow pretty bad and I want to make sure it is healing properly and won't leave a scar. HELP PLEASE...any advice will help.

by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 5:28 PM
Edited by
on
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Big_Momma_X02
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 5:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I am no help I have a lot of scars from falling,my children have a few,how did she hurt her Elbow ?,use Neosprin,keep it cleaned & bandaged..Hope she feels better soon.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 5:32 PM

We used honey and aloe for dd's scrapes. Make sure to keep it clean and if need be cover with a bandage.   Is it just a scrape or is there a gash that keeps bleedng.     If she recieves a scar, it will be the first of many she can brag about as she gets older.

ApathyAngel
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't worry too much about scars.  Keep it clean, covered, and if it's really bad, take her to a doctor to check it out.  Her pediatrician will be able to tell how severe it is and can prescribe healing ointments if it's that bad.

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:19 AM

HI I hope she is feeling better, poor girl. What does the surgeon say about the scar. I would talk to them.

Reina13
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:57 AM

With my kids, I just made sure it was properly cleaned and dressed a couple of times a day. Once it was mostly healed, I would use pure aloe vera directly from the aloe vera plant to put on it to lessen the scarring. It works wonders.

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat with us Every Tuesday!

braxtons-mommy
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:10 PM
Silver water works really well for EVERYTHING:) so does the cream. I would also let it dry out after taking old bandages off before applying anything else. Good luck
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)