Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

HELP WITH A BOO-BOO

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 5:28 PM
  • 6 Replies

My daughter hurt her elbow pretty bad and I want to make sure it is healing properly and won't leave a scar. HELP PLEASE...any advice will help.

by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 5:28 PM
Edited by
on
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Big_Momma_X02
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 5:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I am no help I have a lot of scars from falling,my children have a few,how did she hurt her Elbow ?,use Neosprin,keep it cleaned & bandaged..Hope she feels better soon.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 5:32 PM

We used honey and aloe for dd's scrapes. Make sure to keep it clean and if need be cover with a bandage.   Is it just a scrape or is there a gash that keeps bleedng.     If she recieves a scar, it will be the first of many she can brag about as she gets older.

ApathyAngel
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't worry too much about scars.  Keep it clean, covered, and if it's really bad, take her to a doctor to check it out.  Her pediatrician will be able to tell how severe it is and can prescribe healing ointments if it's that bad.

LancesMom
Yesterday at 5:56 PM
by Ruby Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:19 AM

HI I hope she is feeling better, poor girl. What does the surgeon say about the scar. I would talk to them.

Reina13
by Gold Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:57 AM

With my kids, I just made sure it was properly cleaned and dressed a couple of times a day. Once it was mostly healed, I would use pure aloe vera directly from the aloe vera plant to put on it to lessen the scarring. It works wonders.

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat with us Every Tuesday!

braxtons-mommy
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:10 PM
Silver water works really well for EVERYTHING:) so does the cream. I would also let it dry out after taking old bandages off before applying anything else. Good luck
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)