Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Mother's Day is in two weeks. What would you like for your special day?

DF usually takes me out for a meal and gets me flowers. Occasionally I get a gift but I honestly don't care if I get one or not. There is something I would like but it doesn't have to be for Mother's Day. I have my eye on a mother's necklace or ring with mine, DF's, DD's and baby's birthstones on it. I am getting my mother a grandmother's ring this year. I wish I could be there when she opens it to see her reaction. She's been dropping hits at my dad for a couple of months now that that is what she would like. Lol. 

What about you? What would like or would like to do for your Mother's Day this year?

CafeMom Tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Replies (31-40):
energygirl
by on May. 1, 2013 at 8:04 AM

I know what I would like (and got it for myself...I know it sounds greedy....but I seriously never buy myself things.........all the extra cash goes to groceries lol)....Have you heard of the Conscious Box?  Such a neat gift idea  They send you a box each month full of eco friendly items to try out (from food to cleaners to body products)....... Such a great way to try some of the newest eco friendly products...without having to travel to the nearest Whole Food or Organic store.  Then you can review the products on their site...and earn points toward purchasing more of the items if you want.  You can choose between a classic box, vegan, or gluten free, to be sure all of the items in your speical box fit your needs!  Each month is a new box with new products to sample!        Here is a link for more info...  (have to cut and paste to browser)   https://www.consciousbox.com/subscribe?acc=f73b76ce8949fe29bf2a537cfa420e8f&bannerid=4

vvinkyloafer
by on May. 1, 2013 at 8:04 AM
A day off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AutymsMommy
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2013 at 8:14 AM

Funny.

My husband is from PA and that's where his father is - we're in SC, lol!

Quoting Bethsunshine:

Quoting 1st_time_mom789:

I hear ya there. My mother lives in Florida and I'm in NJ. Do your parents live in a different state that you?

Quoting Bethsunshine:

Go visit my parents in SC. That's probably not going to happen though.

I live in PA.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

dolphingurl1286
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 8:16 AM
I would really like my nails done and a family trip to the zoo.
DanNStevesmom
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 8:50 AM

I would like the boys' toyroom to get finished so I can have my living room and dining room back. I had told everyone not to get them a lot of big stuff for Christmas, because we don't have a lot of room to put stuff right now. So we end up coming home from our families houses with an easel, tool bench and a ride on airplaine. My husband worked on the room all Just some trim work and the floor to be done. The one other thing I would like is time by myself to go and plant flowers at my mom's grave. Mother's day is bitter sweet for me. I don't have my mom with me anymore (I miss her like crazy) but I have 3 beautiful boys that brighten up every day.

mmtosam06
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2013 at 8:54 AM
I want to be able to relax with dd and maybe just go to Bush's Chicken since moms eat free
caydence2005
by on May. 1, 2013 at 2:19 PM

A nap!! lol

imuney
by on May. 1, 2013 at 2:23 PM

Brunch

Big_Momma_X02
by on May. 1, 2013 at 2:27 PM

My Birthday is May 12,on Mother's Day,I am planning on going out to Dinner at The Old Country Buffett,they have Mongolian Grill food there now and I love that kind of food,I am going to eat out with my Children,usually my children make me something in school and I would like a hug and a kiss and another hand made card..

heartagram_girl
by on May. 1, 2013 at 3:04 PM

I want to hold my little boy! I am due May 14, and Mother's day is May 12th. Other than that, we really dont make a big deal out of holidays in my house- but that is out of respect for DH. I celebrate holidays with my family. I ordered yellow roses for my grandmother, red roses for my great aunt, and puprle tiger lillies for my mom.

But I would love for DH to acknowledge the occasion. After all, I am carrying his child! I became a mom at conception, at least in my opinion I did!

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN