Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Hail just shattered my front windows! ETA a pic of the hail! Incredible!

Posted by   + Show Post

We had hail here, not huge maybe golf ball size. I guess the angle was just right, and it was coming through my front windows! The windows were shattering, glass was flying everywhere.i was screaming at my kids "get away from the windows!!!" Then we went in the bathroom to wait it out. It was so scary! There is glass all over my house. I tried to pick up most of it, but I will have to wait until tomorrow to get the big stuff. I haven't looked at my car yet, I hope it's ok. 

I found this pic on facebook, It was taken a couple of miles from my house, i've never seen this much hail!

For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind.
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 11:43 PM
Replies (41-50):
Rosebud27aj
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Oh wow...

dereksmom09
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:23 AM
I live SE OKC and it didn't do much really where I live. My sister lives NE side and she lost power.

Quoting mommyakabooby:

Lol! Aint that the truth!

Quoting dereksmom09:

Gotta love Oklahoma weather.

mommyakabooby
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:30 AM

We didn't lose power, thank God! 

Quoting dereksmom09:

I live SE OKC and it didn't do much really where I live. My sister lives NE side and she lost power.

Quoting mommyakabooby:

Lol! Aint that the truth!

Quoting dereksmom09:

Gotta love Oklahoma weather.

For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind.
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
o0gone0o
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Nope, I'm in PA. Far enough away from lake Erie not to get hit with lake effect snow About 4hrs south east of Erie, nestled by mountains to avoid tornadoes, far enough away from the ocean not to be bothered with hurricanes. No evil poisonous bugs. Hmm I think i'll keep my happy lil ass here afterall. lol

Quoting opinionatedmom:

You must not be in Oklahoma Kansas Texas or Missouri

Quoting o0gone0o:

holy crap, I don't think I've ever seen hail bigger than like a die here mostly we get pea size or smaller if we get any at all.

mommyofgirl1974
by Lyn on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Oh no!! Stay safe!

Bloom4ever
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 2:19 PM

yes it is! there was no tornado nearby then all of a sudden the tree branch came through the window...and then my Daddy grabbed me and carried me to the basement dodging shattering windows as we went...nobody was injured thankfully but we had quite a few windows to fix up (my Daddy put boards over them right away...and got them fixed the next wk...) but it was quite scary to me as a 6yr old...

Quoting mommyakabooby:

That's scary! Glass breaking is always scary, even just dropping a glass. But have stuff flying in, shattering glass, and being all noisy is just terrifying! At least for me it is. 

Quoting Bloom4ever:

wow! I've seen a window busted out by things flying from a tornado (and by things I mean it was the bathroom window...I was in there as a 6yr old and a big branch came through the window! I screamed and ran...)

hopefully house insurance can help with the window replacements! 

~Betsy~

.KFeatherable.
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 2:22 PM
I am in Ok too. We maybe had a few pea sized hail.

Quoting mommyakabooby:

Yes I am! You too?

Quoting lovevamp:

Are you in Oklahoma?

bmw29
by Buttcrackncornchips on Apr. 27, 2013 at 2:25 PM
We had softball sized hail here a few years ago. It punched fist size holes in our roof and totalled mosy of the cars in a 5 mile radius. It was absolutely crazy.
auntangelofsix
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 3:54 PM
Omg how scarey.
Im_Nadda
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Holy cow. That is crazy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)