Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Wheezy toddler...:(

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:35 AM
  • 7 Replies
My son has allergies pretty bad. Unfortunately, he inherited it from me. :( he's wheezing pretty bad this evening and I put Vick's on his feet and his chest before he went to bed and he woke up at midnight, wheezing worse. So I now have him in a hot bath with some eucalyptus bath salts and he sounds a little better, but not much. Any other natural ways to help the wheezing ease off? It's not bad enough for the er and his dr isn't open until Monday. It it gets worse, of course we'll take him to the er, but I'm trying to prevent putting him through that and I prefer to not use medications if I can help it. Any advice, mamas?
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
CamMa
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:50 AM
Hellooooo
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:57 AM

Hot tea w/ honey , steamy bathroom , not sure what else for wheezing.  Any struggles with breathing would warrant going to the doctor somehow.   Honey can be used to treat allergies as well as other things.  Preferably local raw honey since that contains the pollen of the area.

luzianagurl
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:57 AM

when my child has this problem it's usually accompanied by a cough and caused by drainage. if that's the case, do u have a nebulizer with albuterol u could give him?sorry that's all i have . my doctor told me to do that whenever my dd3 starts coughing and wheezing.

CamMa
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:12 AM
I just gave him some hot water with honey. He doesn't like tea(what kind of Georgian is he? Lol!), he drank a little, but not enough. I gave him a hot bath with eucalyptus salts and he's got more Vick's on his feet and chest. I have liquid albuterol syrup that I'm gonna give him tomorrow if it isn't better by then. Thank you.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Hot tea w/ honey , steamy bathroom , not sure what else for wheezing.  Any struggles with breathing would warrant going to the doctor somehow.   Honey can be used to treat allergies as well as other things.  Preferably local raw honey since that contains the pollen of the area.

CamMa
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:14 AM
He's had a cough for a few days because of allergies. He takes Zyrtec for it, but it isn't really helping much. He's only 2 and every time his allergies act up, they always result in a cold and wheezing. :( I have albuterol syrup that I can give him, but no nebulizer. We're gonna have to ask his dr about one, because this always happens. I just hate giving him a lot of medicine. :( thanks, mama.

Quoting luzianagurl:

when my child has this problem it's usually accompanied by a cough and caused by drainage. if that's the case, do u have a nebulizer with albuterol u could give him?sorry that's all i have . my doctor told me to do that whenever my dd3 starts coughing and wheezing.

SissyAnn141
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:18 AM

Sounds like Asthma to me ?????

ATG499
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:22 AM

If he's wheezing, it's allergy-induced asthma. My son just spent three days at the Children's Hospital for that. Don't let it get out of hand; take him to Urgent Care first thing in the morning.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)