Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

When your DH/SO is driving and you are in the passengers seat....

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:58 AM
  • 24 Replies

Who has control of the radio ? 

I have never touched the radio ...i always leave that up to SO to do..i don't know why, probably because we have the same taste in music so i never have a problem with what he is chosing.

The other day he changed a song that i was listening too...so i jokingly switched it back.

He says to me ' hey...you are not supposed to touch the radio'.

HUH? 

He continues to say that he was brought up that the it is the driver's responsibility to 'entertain' the passenger ..that the passenger shouldn't have to pick the songs.

I just kind of giggled at him , and said 'well...that is a nice gesture to someone that doesn't half own the car , but its OUR car ..so you really don't need to entertain me lol". 

It got me wondering ...who controls the radio/CD player in the vehicle?

*EDIT : I should add that the steering wheel is also a remote to the radio..he isn't being unsafe or having one hand off of the steering wheel to change the station*

by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyakabooby
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:05 AM

Technically it's the driver. But I dont care, if I'm listening to a song, don't change the dang station! That's just rude!

jillbailey26
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:09 AM

We listen to very different types of music (Me, R&B, Hip Hop, Country.  Him heavier metal and things like that).  So, the radio stays off, lol.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Rosebud27aj
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:10 AM

I'm usually the one who drives...my dh let's me control the radio, even if I'm in the passenger seat...

Two_Hearts
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Quoting jillbailey26:

We listen to very different types of music (Me, R&B, Hip Hop, Country.  Him heavier metal and things like that).  So, the radio stays off, lol.

lol ...i know i was so thankful when i realized that SO had the same music taste as i did.

My ex ...had a little bit of the same taste, but not much..so it was a bit of a relief.

momoftwo0406
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:16 AM
It just depends normally if he is in the car we listen to his kind of music because we both like it and he can't stand to listen to my music. There are times I don't care what he wants and he is stuck listening to my music because I said lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shadow_lark
by Gold Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:19 AM
The kids do. Usually, but when he is around ibdont bother with my music because he doesn't like most of it. I don't mind his though, so we will listen to that when we aren't listening to kid stuff.
MaryJarrett
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:19 AM
DH always drives, & he always gets control of the radio. I'll lower the volume if necessary, though. I don't drive if DH is available to drive me.
barrelracer1699
by Gold Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:21 AM

When we have the I pod it is whoever is passenger.

kameka
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:28 AM
If we're just out and about we either talk or listen to something we both like. If we're driving for a while we listen to audiobooks.
The driver makes the decision but the passenger does the changing because it's safer.
redbutterfly666
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:29 AM
Df has control no matter what seat he's in lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN