Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Very strange...at least I think so

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:33 AM
  • 10 Replies

This happened to the mom of one of Brian's(12) good friends. The family that this is about is Mexican/Cuban. And we will say that my son's friend's name is Sergio...

Sergio manages to convince his mom to let him have a sleepover with 3/4 boys.Brian was included in this party.I have known Sergio's family for a couple of years so,I called his mom to remind her that Brian would bring his own bread and stuff (I even sent over a new box of the flour that we use to make Brian's pancakes..etc.This has always been our arrangement since we found out that Brian has Celiac) Sergio's mom called me about 2 hours ago....pissed as all hell.Apparently,one of the boys at the sleepover was refusing to eat ANYTHING.But,Azucena knew that the kid was hungry...his belly was growling! She finally manages to get him to tell her....his parents had made him PROMISE to not eat anything at Sergio's house-the excuse being "Who knows what they put in their food? It can't be NORMAL things...they ARE Spanish after all."

Huh?This is one of the strangest things I have ever heard.And,why would you try to teach your child something like this? Ever have it happen to you?And do any of you think that maybe Azucena is just overreacting?Reading something into it that wasn't meant....Maybe the kid couldn't explain it the way his parents meant it?I would hope that the child just "said it the wrong way",or is making up excuses because HE didn't want to eat the food....GEEZ!

Thought for the day :

Women are angels and when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We are flexible that way.

by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:36 AM

shrugging

Two_Hearts
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:38 AM
1 mom liked this

If i were her , i would be calling the parents and asking them to pick up their son.

I would not be put in a position that a child would go hungry in my home ..just because the parent's are racist.

mehaffiesub
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:39 AM
Geez some parents I hope the kid did say it wrong.
brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:45 AM

So do I.Seems like such a strange thing to say/do...etc.It does make it seem like the parents are racist (or something).

Quoting mehaffiesub:

Geez some parents I hope the kid did say it wrong.

NDADanceMom
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:29 PM
They must have it wrong. They wouldn't have the child go if it was an issue
mommyofgirl1974
by Lyn on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:44 PM

I was wondering that,too.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

They must have it wrong. They wouldn't have the child go if it was an issue

Texascandee
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 3:57 PM

Wow, what parents or maybe the kid said it wrong...........either way, I'd be pissed too. I have the opposite problem when the neighbor kid comes to play with my gs when he's here.  He always wants to eat with gs and that's not a problem but when I put the plate in front of him he decides he doesn't want it or like it.  I even tell him what we are having and let him look at it........ugggghhhh

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I would be confused as all heck.  If you dont trust what they put in their food, why allow child to go over.  Usually by this age children dont get confused as bad when they hear parents say something.  I would tell her to call the parents and find out exactly what is said.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 4:37 PM

PS to me that is latino, not spanish.  Big difference in my eyes.

LABELmeCUTE
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 4:39 PM
They should of just kept him home if they didnt want him to eat anything there, that's basically starving him!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN