Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

is this ringworm?*pic *update **update 2 added picture pg5

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 4:12 PM
  • 63 Replies
My ds has this between his pointer finger and thumb at first i thought it was a popped blister but now that im looking at it it looks more like ringworm. We are going to the dr tuesday but was wondering if anyone knew what i could put on it til then

*went to the dr he said it wasnt ringworm spider bite or a blister.... He didnt know what it was and is refering us to a dermitolegist he said to be seen in 1-2 days. He said to put triple antibiotic cream on it until then (thats whats been on it until yesterday when i put anti fungal on it) I dont like the fact that the dr didnt know what it was
so ill update again after the dermitolegist

** went to demitologist and its just a blister. All that for nothing i should of went with what i thought in the first place
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 4:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddiddlyumshis
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 4:13 PM
can you post a pic?
you can put Tinactin spray on it. My ds got it a few months back and doctor said tinactin, it cleared it up in about 2 days.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stfny
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 4:19 PM
Im mobile and i tried putting a pic and it wont download. Ill try again..... And thanks :)

Quoting goddiddlyumshis:can you post a pic?
you can put Tinactin spray on it. My ds got it a few months back and doctor said tinactin, it cleared it up in about 2 days.
stfny
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Mobile Photo

stfny
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 4:48 PM
Bump
goldilocksbecky
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 4:59 PM
1 mom liked this

How old is he and can he tell you what happened?

I'm not one to run to the doctor for everything, but I honestly would have that looked at before Tuesday (particularly if he can;t tell you what happened).  It might be reingworm.  But it also might be an insect or spider bite.  Or even a burn, blister or puncture wound of some kind.  But at this point it looks like infection has set in, possibly even MRSA. 

So the possibility of something more severe (like a spider bite or infection) that needs fairly immediate care would have me looking for an urgent care or after hours clinic.

ETA ~ I wanted to add that I've seen quite a bit of ringworm over the years (primary grades teacher) and I have personally never seen open/crusty type wounds like he has in the middle.  That's not to say that it can't look like that with ringworm, just that I've never seen it, which would lead me to think that even if it is ringworm it might be pretty advanced or infected and need treatment.

Good luck!

Cochise
by Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 4:59 PM

I would take her to the Dr.  and although it sort of looks like ring worm it looks more like a burn to me.

momoftwo0406
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 5:05 PM

yes that is Ring worm. If you can't get into the doc till monday go to walmart and get athletes foot cream until then. its needs medication NOW and keep it covered so he does not get in his mouth.

I see a lot of that working in a clinic.  How long has it been there? It looks bad

Quoting stfny:

Mobile Photo

stfny
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 5:09 PM
He is two and cant tell me anything even when i ask yes or no questions. At first i thought it was a burn blister and he picks at it. Triple antibiotic medicine isnt doing anything for it and its on his hand and its so hard to keep clean and he wont kep a bandaid on it. Im not one to rush to the dr either but i didnt even think of a spider bite.

Quoting goldilocksbecky:

How old is he and can he tell you what happened?

I'm not one to run to the doctor for everything, but I honestly would have that looked at before Tuesday (particularly if he can;t tell you what happened).  It might be reingworm.  But it also might be an insect or spider bite.  Or even a burn, blister or puncture wound of some kind.  But at this point it looks like infection has set in, possibly even MRSA. 

So the possibility of something more severe (like a spider bite or infection) that needs fairly immediate care would have me looking for an urgent care or after hours clinic.

ETA ~ I wanted to add that I've seen quite a bit of ringworm over the years (primary grades teacher) and I have personally never seen open/crusty type wounds like he has in the middle.  That's not to say that it can't look like that with ringworm, just that I've never seen it, which would lead me to think that even if it is ringworm it might be pretty advanced or infected and need treatment.

Good luck!

Peaceful.chaos
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 5:11 PM
That doesn't look like ringworm to me. A fungal infection for sure, but not ringworm.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stfny
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 5:15 PM
Hes had it 4 days i thought it was a popped blister at first until it didnt get any better. He wont keep a bandaid on it. Would that new skin stuff you just paint on it work the same

Quoting momoftwo0406:

yes that is Ring worm. If you can't get into the doc till monday go to walmart and get athletes foot cream until then. its needs medication NOW and keep it covered so he does not get in his mouth.

I see a lot of that working in a clinic.  How long has it been there? It looks bad

Quoting stfny:

Mobile Photo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)