Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Hot or Not: Transsexual Edtion

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 5:14 PM
  • 10 Replies

Sorry it was gender equality in Iran but no one was opening it so I changed the title.

This Is What Happens When A Judge Sentences A Man To Dress Up Like A Woman

This has got to be one of the best dressed protests in the world. It all started when a judge in Iran sentenced a bunch of criminals to wear traditional women’s clothing in public to humiliate them. 

Some of the Kurdish men of Iran were not impressed by the judgment and started a Facebook campaign. The men posted pictures of themselves wearing dresses to protest against the idea that being a woman is something to be ashamed of. Here are some of my favorite pictures. You can check out lots more on the Kurd Men for Equality Facebook page.

link to the facebook page

by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 5:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Apr. 27, 2013 at 5:21 PM
Just a sad reminder of the gender perceptions in that part of the world.
angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 5:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah but I thought it was great that there are actually men over there willing to take a stand for women's rights.

Quoting MissTacoBell:

MommyO2-6631
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 5:25 PM
May be one step towards equality!
MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Apr. 27, 2013 at 5:29 PM
I think the judge's heart was in the right place---you shamed the woman now I'm going to shame you (as its such a major motivator for that culture, much more than prison)--- but his perception of that which would shame him most, inadvertently reinforces the very atmosphere that breeds the violence for which he is being punished.

But it definitely is a positive that these men are willing to put themselves out there in the defense of women especially since it has more weight, unfortunately, than women protesting.

Quoting angelachristine:

Yeah but I thought it was great that there are actually men over there willing to take a stand for women's rights.

Quoting MissTacoBell:

angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 5:41 PM

bump

Rust.n.Gears
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 5:46 PM
Love that these men are doing this !
AlwaysKISA
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 5:48 PM
I know in some prisons here in the US the men's underwear and socks are pink just to be embarrassing. I'm just thinking....why is that so bad?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 5:51 PM

on the Facebook page men from a bunch of other countries are uploading photos too. I love it. I bet if I asked my dh he'd probably do it too. You  hear so much about how women are treated over in the middle east I was so happy to see this!

angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 7:56 AM

bump

kidlover2
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:08 AM
It's not shameful to be a woman unless you're not.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)