Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Look what was born this AM!!!!!!!

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:22 PM
  • 14 Replies
6 moms liked this

Her name according to my 4 yr old is Pinky Pie! Woke up this AM and found her cold and soaking wet :( (first time mom) and it didnt help that its been raining all night. She has shown no signs of labor at ALL so we did not think anything was up. We are going to bottle feed her since she is so weak she still can not get up but once she is ready we will put her back with mama. Anyways Not sure if mama is done she is contracting but it could just be after birth. Ive got another mama ready to pop as well so ill update for those interested :) This is my first goat birth and Im excited!!

Still just one baby. she is standing now as well :) now to get her to eat!

Her with my pit bull. put her with the pit and the dryer vent to warm her up

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Big_Momma_X02
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:26 PM

Awww yeah,I just love animals,such a cute name for her too,congratulations!!.

cgarlic
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:43 PM
Aww it makes me want a goat
mommyoftwo103
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:44 PM
Awww... so cute!! I want one!
IloveNCIS
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 1:44 PM

Awwwwww, I miss having goats.

C8linVilla
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Did you breed them? I have a few questions if you can help? 

Baby wont eat :( Is sucking on my pit bulls nose and ears(pit is a mother toour newborn anything dont freak out Lol) but you can see her teeth and they are fully there but are covered by the gums still. Our buck rammed mama about 6 times(im 8 months pregnant i got there as fast as i could) so we assume she is a premie. Any cool tricks to get her to eat? Mama keeps kicking her when we put her out there and we tried about 4 different size nipples and nothing. we are using a seringe right now and she is finally standing. and she has peed as well. 

Any tricks to get mama to take her? its so cold i dont wanna just put baby outside and see if she will accept her. but the longer we keep her away the less likely mama will take her right?

Quoting IloveNCIS:

CafeMom Tickers
jconney80
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Aww what a cutie!

goddiddlyumshis
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 2:58 PM
ahhh how freakin cute!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IloveNCIS
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 3:09 PM

I'm sorry. I'm not much help, I haven't had goats since I was a kid, 25 years ago.

Quoting C8linVilla:

Baby wont eat :( Is sucking on my pit bulls nose and ears(pit is a mother toour newborn anything dont freak out Lol) but you can see her teeth and they are fully there but are covered by the gums still. Our buck rammed mama about 6 times(im 8 months pregnant i got there as fast as i could) so we assume she is a premie. Any cool tricks to get her to eat? Mama keeps kicking her when we put her out there and we tried about 4 different size nipples and nothing. we are using a seringe right now and she is finally standing. and she has peed as well. 

Any tricks to get mama to take her? its so cold i dont wanna just put baby outside and see if she will accept her. but the longer we keep her away the less likely mama will take her right?

Quoting IloveNCIS:

Mel0dy
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 3:13 PM

awwwww

kitty8199
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 3:16 PM
She needs to be with momma. Nature knows what its doing. She needs mommas milk. Mom will take right to her. Or should. Taking the baby is very traumatic for momma.
Put them together now. Never separate

Quoting C8linVilla:

Quoting IloveNCIS:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)