Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Diaper Rash treatments?

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 11:59 PM
  • 31 Replies

what's worked for you?

with my daughters last diaper rash, which didn't seem to bother her, i used desitin and that kept it from spreading and getting really bad but it was still persistent.  the doctor prescribed something that knocked it out in a couple of days.  but today she woke up from a nap with a rash spread all over her lady bits and most of her buttcheeks and so painful that she started screaming when i wiped her.  i rinsed her whole nether region with a solution of 1 tbsp vinegar to 1 cup water after her bath then slathered on desitin.  i'm hoping it will be reduced by morning.

i'm a first time mom with no prior baby experience so i'd love to hear what has worked for other moms!

by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CatherineNewton
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Baking soda in a warm bath! I also use aveno bath treatment packagets
sweetp113
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:02 AM
A & d ointment works great! Try sprinkling some corn starch in the diaper too helps with the moister. And lastly baking soda bath, just sprinkle a little in the bath water. My daughter had REALLY bad diaper rash and after a few days no signs of it. Good luck!
TableforSeven
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:06 AM

We used desitin - or whatever generic-brand of it we could find.  Though we hardly ever had issues with our kids getting diaper-rash (the few times they did get it were usually because they were sick with something else and were on an anitibiotic).

I recommend using corn-starch powder with all diaper-changes.  It really helps keep diaper rashes to a minmum.

SissyAnn141
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:09 AM

This happen with me 20 years ago.

My son could only wear "Huggies".

beadingmom17
by Rachel on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:11 AM
Coconut oil
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamaof3and1tobe
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:11 AM
Cornstarch! It cleared my boys diaper rash up in just a couple of days.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EyEmTuRtLe
by Turtle on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:13 AM

Might be a nasty yeast infection. Give a mix of A & D ointment and lotrimin af a try.

MixedCooke
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 2:32 AM
1 mom liked this

no wipes but washed her off in the sink with cool water since it is painful.  Sitzy bath with some baking soda and lukewarm water.  Prior to naps, I put Vaseline, which provides a waterproof barrier, protecting her nether region from the pee and poop thus preventing any future diaper rashes.  Make a paste out of cornstarch and Maalox which works the same as an antacid for the tushy.  NAKED TIME--no diaper and let her air out for a few days.  Just keep some towel handy for any accidents.  Lotrimin AF if it is actually a yeast infection.

toopicky429
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 2:52 AM
With my second child I ended up switching to cloth diapers. We never had a rash again. My doctor thought he was having an allergic reaction to something in the disposable diapers. With my oldest child we used Destin or Balmex, and both worked well for her.
LRHocker
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:23 AM
Beudrous But Paste. I probably spelled it wrong but it is great. Was living in Louisiana when my boys were born and all the locals swore by it. It has a pleasant smell and wipes off easily (desitin does not).
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN