Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I'm losing my mind!

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:07 AM
  • 21 Replies
My son seriously cries non-stop! The doctor said he has colic but he's now 11 weeks old and I think the crying is just as bad, if not worse than before. He is bf and has ha diarrhea since the beginning. We are seeing no improvements with it despite cutting out dairy and soy for 7 weeks now and using probiotics. The doctor said "some
Babies just have watery bowl movements." Seriously, this can't be normal!! He still wakes up 3-4 times a night, doesn't nap, and just screams. Gas drops don't help. I'm going nuts.
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SissyAnn141
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Unless, your child was premature, Colic, should stop no later then 13 weeks.

Then your Doctor will believe something is wrong.

schultzal
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:15 AM
He is a high needs baby. 12 weeks is the peak of crying. It should only get better from there.

As for the night waking, don't expect it to improve. Babies wake at night for a biological reason. Sleeping through the night is a major exception.

That said, I know it's hard. I've been there. Do you have anyone to come help you out, even if it is just for a couple of hours?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:15 AM

I'm so sorry... is he growing well? it is possible that you aren't producing quite enough to satisfy him. i don't have much advice but here's a little bump

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:16 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:20 AM

Welcome to CafeMom,
Sorry this is happening .. is there a resson according to the doctor?
hang in there as it will get better :)

jconney80
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:00 AM
Please don't ever say this to a BF mom. This is simply not the case with 98% of BF moms. Only 2% of women physically can't make enough milk. Everyone else just gets bad info...

It could be any number of foods causing problems. Eggs, wheat, dairy, soy, corn, etc. Have you ever tried baby wearing in a ring sling or Moby wrap? A Boba is also great. My son never slept and he had big time food allergies that I didn't know about until he was 11 months old. I was sleeping with him to help him and me sleep longer. It was a lifesaver. I would try cutting out one food at a time for several weeks to see if it helps.

As far as the waking....3-4 times is pretty normal. Babies were meant to BF and wake frequently. It protects against SIDS.

Babies have frequent growth spurts but he should have had one around 8 weeks and again at 12 weeks, 16 weeks, 6 months, 9 months, and 12 months. They want to nurse around the clock then and are fussy little things.

Please do not listen that you are not making enough milk.

I'm also wondering about a lip or tongue tie. Can you take a pic of your baby's top gum in the front and their tongue? This could cause baby to nurse constantly, be gassy, and be fussy. All 3 of my kids had one. I can spot it right away.

Quoting ditsyjo:

I'm so sorry... is he growing well? it is possible that you aren't producing quite enough to satisfy him. i don't have much advice but here's a little bump

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:02 AM
If you would like to message me or add me as a friend feel free. You will find the Breastfeeding Moms group has much better info and help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:05 AM
Are his bowel movements just runny? If so that is normal for a BF baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Peaceful.chaos
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:05 AM
1 mom liked this
I feel you. My DD screamed her head off until she was 14 weeks. I also had a seriously modified diet trying to cut out anything that could possibly be causing it. Hang in there! I promise it will stop.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyMajure
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:10 AM
They are dark brown, and purely water. We aren't having any yellow poos and there's no seediness. :( As I mentioned, the doctor doesn't think it's an issue but it seems like he has too many issues for it to just be colic. (The probiotics to seem to have helped the gas part though; that has improved to where he toots without scrunching up and screaming as much.)

Quoting jconney80:

Are his bowel movements just runny? If so that is normal for a BF baby.

MommyMajure
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:13 AM
2 moms liked this
The doctor just says it's colic and he'll grow out of it...

Quoting hugss:

Welcome to CafeMom,
Sorry this is happening .. is there a resson according to the doctor?
hang in there as it will get better :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)