Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Mom's with boys

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 2:18 PM
  • 33 Replies
2 moms liked this

Since its starting to get warm I went to the store to get DS some new shorts and sandals since he out grew all his other ones. We didn't even realize it until it was almost 80 degrees and his shorts were all to tight. We found some shorts and went to shoes. They had no selection for boys. They had an entire isle for girls, and one tiny spot for boys that only had 2 different colors of flip flops and one other kind of sandal that you could hardly even call a sandal. DS cant wear flip flops to school and the other ones looked like regular shoes with small slits in the sides. I have not checked other stores, but I know from past years that most of the stores have a very limited selection for boys stuff. This irritates me so bad. I started noticing this when DS was a baby and I went to buy him a new outfit. There were 2 racks of boys clothes and the rest were girls. Do the buyers for these stores not realize that boys need to have some sort of selection as well?

Has anyone else noticed that boys have a far smaller selection of clothes and shoes than girls?

by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 2:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommytoaangel
by Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 2:22 PM
Some places yes some no i sadly have twin boy angels an noticed this when i was prego with them looking for netrual clothes dint know gender till i had them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Seagodess
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 2:24 PM

Yes I've noticed with baby stuff, everything is pink or blue. VERY few things in netrual colors.

Quoting Mommytoaangel:

Some places yes some no i sadly have twin boy angels an noticed this when i was prego with them looking for netrual clothes dint know gender till i had them

Mommytoaangel
by Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 2:33 PM
Yep

Quoting Seagodess:

Yes I've noticed with baby stuff, everything is pink or blue. VERY few things in netrual colors.

Quoting Mommytoaangel:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Goobieville
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 2:41 PM
Yup - I am also on the Sandle hunt here, for 2 boys. I have looked everywhere!
xtwistedxlovex
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 2:47 PM

We go through this every time DS needs any sort of footwear. Shirts are terrible too; most of them have ugly prints on them because apparently boys are supposed to be all about monster trucks, dirt bikes, etc.

SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 2:47 PM

that drives me insane to no end. Trying to find dress up clothes is AWFUL

crazy4u49033
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 2:50 PM
Yes, I find it so irritating!
As for sandals for my boys I like Nike or Addidas. My faces have been ones that feel like neoprene and strap over the foot and heal
Rachael-Dawn
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 2:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes. I have 4 boys and it is so annoying! Stores need more for boys!
Seagodess
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:04 PM

Yeah, everywhere I go they are like $20+. I'm not spending that kind of money for something he can only where for 2 months. I'll spend $1-2 on flip flops and just have him wear his tennis shoes to school. lol

Quoting crazy4u49033:

Yes, I find it so irritating!
As for sandals for my boys I like Nike or Addidas. My faces have been ones that feel like neoprene and strap over the foot and heal

Justme8913
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:16 PM

I have and it can be super frustrating. I don't quite understand why boys selections are so small, but I am with you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)