Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What health insurance do you have?

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 2:43 PM
  • 8 Replies

We had health insurance through my DH's company, but we had to meet a $3,000 deductible before they covered anything. The insurance prices have rised again.

DH has some medical issue and tests that he needs to get done, but unless we meet the deductible we have to pay everything out of pocket for everything. So when his company sent home the paper work for the 2 different insurance plans they have to offer and the price increases for them.

Plan 1 being what we already have/had, $460 a month, plus $100 a month put into an HSA.

Plan 2 being an HMO plan with a deductible that only has to be met in emergency situations, but $800 a month

My DH makes decent money, brings home about $2100.00 every 2 weeks. We have our bills and what not we have to pay still and $800 extra month would make things kinda tight.

So now we are on the hunt for a more afforable helath insurance plan. We found one but so things have come up slightly ify about it.

So my question for you all is:what insurance company are you with? What are the copays/deductibles? How many on the plan? and your cost monthly for it?

by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 2:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Sassy01
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 2:53 PM
at the moment we have regency blue cross, good coverage but hate the $500. a month premium just for dh and myself plus medicare payment. my union has put up a vote to either keep them or to switch to kaiser, be alot cheaper, no deductible and small co pays.
Sassy01
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 2:56 PM
oh and with regency, the deductable is $2500. which we cover with one visit to the rheumatologist lol. after that they pay 80-90% of the bill.
juju40
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:05 PM

we have GEHA ( Government Employees) our family deductible is only 700 and  individual is 300...our co-pay is only 10 dollars...our plan covers all of us (5) including my 22 year old son and he's covered until he's 25...we only pay 250 every two weeks and my husbands employer pays the other half

Seagodess
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:11 PM

HAHAHAHA.... Oh your serious. We dont have any. It would cost almost $600 a month for the 3 of us through my work. We currently owe more than we make, so we cant afford it. Paying out of pocket for things is cheaper for us.

aimesnyc
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:14 PM

I have Oxford through my work, and my employer pays the monthly premium of $692/month.  It's not even taken out of my paycheck (yes, I realize that I am very lucky).  So far it's been pretty great and covers most everything.  They pulled a $1500 copay from another part of my insurance for my birth, but otherwise I have no real complaints.  That being said, my husband has no health insurance, and if I were to add him to mine it would be an additional $692 that my employer would make us pay.  Same if we added our son.  So my son has Fidelity through Child Health Plus, which is NY's version of CHIP (Children's Health Insurance Program).  Based on our family size and income, we only pay $45/month and it covers everything.  It's awesome.  We are currently shopping for insurance for my husband. 

Tipsen
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 4:16 PM
Blue cross blue shield. We pay $160 a month. We have a $300 deduct per person in our family of 3. It covers wellness visits without meeting deduct
sewingmama88
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 4:21 PM

anthem blue cross blue shield is what we have. dr vist is 25 er is 150 and the urgant care is 50 for copyays. not sure dedcutable. there is 4 of us. dont rememeber how much we pay monthly but i think is 400

Tipsen
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 4:26 PM
Oh and we have $0 co pays so after we reach the $300 on a person no more except 10% of labs

Quoting Tipsen:

Blue cross blue shield. We pay $160 a month. We have a $300 deduct per person in our family of 3. It covers wellness visits without meeting deduct

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN