Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What do you think??

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:13 PM
  • 13 Replies
If a child has ADHD and is 9 years old and still has accidents in his pants #1 and #2 do you think that would be part of his disability or do you think something else is going on or both??
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:34 PM
I would talk to his doctor and make an appointment to rule out anything else. If it's nothing else, my next step would be a psychologist (or psychiatrist if he already has one for the ADHD).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kimmie.Miller
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:53 PM

Both. Ive watched children with ADHD, some had accidents because their attention was on something else. One boy was so into video games that he would have an accident because he wanted to finish his game.

RADmomma
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:54 PM
I think it would depend on when it happened,
OwlNuggets
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:11 PM

When does he do it? Do you make him wear pull-ups?

goddiddlyumshis
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:13 PM
Could be that- sometimes they get so fixated on something they forget things. or it could be another issue. talk to the pedi
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
judybant
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:14 PM

I'd start with the easy solution, and go to his doctor, who will rule out the "small stuff" and then get you the correct help. 

pinkcoffeecup
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:29 PM

I am thinking something else. I would talk to your doctor about this.

ericandcheysmom
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:45 PM

He does it most of the time when he's playing and always tells me that he doesn't know that he is going to do it, But lately he has started to do it at school and I don't want him to be made fun of... I have talked to the doctor but they kind of brushed it off! I am thinking of switching doctors because they are really starting to PMO!!!!

No I don't make him wear a pull up but I think I might...

Quoting OwlNuggets:

When does he do it? Do you make him wear pull-ups?

SissyAnn141
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:03 AM
1 mom liked this

If you look TOP RIGHT.

You will see a search Bar.( Add a New Post ) beside it.

Type in A.D.D., or what ever group you would like to find.

You will be shown many groups.

VirtualyNSpired
by on May. 1, 2013 at 2:03 AM

I would say that it is probably something else. I don't know of ADHD causing that issue, but I could be wrong. My son has traumatic brain injury from when he was an infant and it caused him to have a hard time with what I call the brain body response. His brain couldn't understand his body fast enough so it took him a long time to get potty trained and he still to this day at the age of 12 will sometimes have accidents.

So I would talk with your doctor about it, or rather your new doctor as it sounds like you are looking to switch. I would also possibly speak with a neurologist, they may have some insight for you. Just a thought.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN