Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Does your 8-9 yo son

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:54 PM
  • 4 Replies
Does your 8-9 year old son question how much money you spend on your pet/pets? Do they even care about what you spend daily on anything that's not directly related to them?

My idiotic stupid exdh thinks our son does and he informs him about pretty much every money related thing to what is paid in cs and other non child related issue.
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:07 AM

I do not have a son but i do not think a child needs to know these things unless the pet is technically theirs and you are teaching them about budgeting with a pets needs.

CrimsonRadiance
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:10 AM
My oldest just turned 10. He asks what things cost and how much we pay for things all the time. BUT, that is part of his compulsion part of his OCD. He worries about running out of money, even after reassurring him that it is all ok.

My 7 year old son never asks about those things though.
quickbooksworm
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:11 AM

Well, I'm teaching my son about money so he's aware of how much things cost.  I'm pretty open about that sort of thing since I work in accounting and talk about money all the damn time.

CS is a non issue because my ex doesn't pay it but I generally think a child shouldn't necessarily know the inner workings of CS.  I've heard of parents who say one thing or another to the child and the other parent basically has no choice but to defend themselves.  My cousins father used to tell the kids mommy only wanted money from him and he was going to be homeless, so her kids would come home mad or crying.

SissyAnn141
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:53 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)