Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Who should I invite?

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 3:10 PM
  • 4 Replies

Poll

Question: Who should I invite other than class mates?

Options:

Everyone

Close family and friends

Family and friends with kids

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 2

View Results

I am planning DS's 6th b-day party. I am going to make invites for his class mates and then do a facebook invite for the rest of our family and friends. Hopefully this will make people more inclined to R.S.V.P. since they don't have to call or anything. The problem I am having is who to invite. This is his first year of school, so he wants to invite his whole class. That's 30 kids, plus their parents. I'm thinking of giving him a set number (maybe 10). Also, I'm trying to figure out who out of our family and friends we should invite. We normally just invite close family and friends because we usually do it at our house and their isn't a lot of space. This year we are doing the park, so there is plenty of space. Part of me wants to invite all the family, the other part feels like I shouldn't. Should I just go for it? If I ask DS, he'll invite anyone and everyone he's ever met. Even his new best friend he just met at mcdonalds who he doesn't know his name. Lol.

How do you decide who to invite to b-days?

Do your kids have a set number of friends they can invite?

I also want to make sure parents (as in class mates) don't just drop their kids off and go. I don't want to be responsible for other people's kids. How do I put that on the invites?

by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I always did a "family party" and a separate "friend party". It's much easier to focus on my family and friends as guests  when I am not focusing my attention on a classful of kids and their parents, whom I barely know. 

If you want one event only, I would invite all of your family and friends and maybe two or three of your sons closest friends. In that case, you can either specify on the invitation that parents must stay or because it's only a few kids, you can ask your friends and family to help supervise. 

cguffey
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 3:19 PM
1 mom liked this

In our schools if we are going to send invitations for parties we have to send one to everyone in the class. Unless we send them directly to the childs house.They dont want anyone at school upset they didnt get invited.

Wicked.Jester
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I hate that school rule.  Not everyone is going to get invited to everything.  That's life.  I never listened to it and my kids invited their friends, and thats all.

Quoting cguffey:

In our schools if we are going to send invitations for parties we have to send one to everyone in the class. Unless we send them directly to the childs house.They dont want anyone at school upset they didnt get invited.

Seagodess
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Quote:

I always did a "family party" and a separate "friend party". It's much easier to focus on my family and friends as guests  when I am not focusing my attention on a classful of kids and their parents, whom I barely know. 

We always do a little something for him on his actual b-day. This year we are taking him out to a pizza/arcade place. We will probably bring his grandma since she wont be up for going to the party due to being weak from fighting cancer.

Quote:

That is his school's rule as well. What parents have been doing so far to get around it is they volenteer and put the invites in the kids daily folders that they take home. The teacher knows about it and doesn't care. So this is probably what I'll do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN