Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Separation Guilt

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:17 PM
  • 26 Replies
1 mom liked this
Should I feel guilty when I want to spend a few hours away from my young children? I am with them 98% of the time and when I ask my husband to take them out for a little while to give me a break, he reminds me that they are my full time job since I recently left my job to be a stay at home mom. Sometimes I feel that I am on the verge of burn out.
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Nope.  YOu need a break.   I would just go in the car for a drive to the grocery store or something without them.  Are you both home at night?  Perhaps after they go to sleep, you can go out and he doesnt have to worry about keeping them entertained.  

Cherish77
by Cherish on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Mothers need breaks, any man who doesn't believe that is stupid.
Roo1234
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:23 PM
1 mom liked this
a fill time job is usually 40 hours a week, not 24/ 7
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:25 PM
I never feel guilty for stealing me time. DH needs to be more supportive of you and enjoy some time alone with HIS kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CuriousArentYa
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:42 PM

Why should you feel guilty? 

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:22 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on May. 1, 2013 at 1:43 PM

No you should not feel guilty,
You deserve a break :)

Imjustinsmommy
by on May. 1, 2013 at 1:47 PM

im a sahm too & being a parent is a fulltime job BUT remind him like ANY job..  we shoudl get a break! im sure your dh gets a break at work no? well  you need to get yours or it will not benifit you or your children!!! moms can burn out,  you need time to refuel hun dont feel guilty about wanting what  he already gets! you deserve it!!

alexis_06
by on May. 1, 2013 at 2:13 PM

all moms need and deserve a break!! whether it's taking a nice long bath...or going to a movie, or treating yourself for a nice meal.  we all deserve a break!  it's what keeps up sane :)  your husband should be more supportive of you. 

Bmat
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2013 at 2:49 PM

All SAHMs are entitled to a break.  It is challenging enough to be a mom, and to be on duty 24 hours every day all week is exhausting. You should regularly have an afternoon, morning, or evening off. Sometimes you can get this when the children are at a play group our library story time or classes, sometimes you need to have total separation from them to clear your mind and relax for a while. Your husband may not want to do this, and if not, then hire someone for a couple hours. 

Ktina11
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 2:52 PM
Full time jobs still get breaks!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN