Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Quick question for a study I am doing

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:49 PM
  • 13 Replies

Poll

Question: Have you ever thought of working from home or wanted to work from home?

Options:

Yes I started my own work from home business and love it

Yes I started one but couldn't make a go of it

Yes but I have no idea where to start or what to do

Yes but I am afraid of getting scammed

No I don't think there are any legitimate work from home opportunities

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 35

View Results

Hi I am working on a project for my business and I was wondering if you fantastic ladies would be willing to help with some information, just answering a question.

I have my own business working from home - no I am not selling anything at all! I Swear! Nor am I trying to sign anyone up! I only want to pick your brains just a bit if that is ok?

I have been able to create and run a successful business over the last 5 years and my intention for my company has always been to try and model it into something that I would be able to use to help others who were in the same situation I was.

My situation when I started this business was that I was on government assistance (hating every second of it) fighting against a system that was determined to keep me stuck in it all the while telling me I had to get off of assistance. I had just been fired from my job as a waitress (a job I was highly over qualified for but I took anyway because I couldn't afford child care for a day time job - but I REALLY loved the job though! It was a lot of fun!) Anyway, I decided that I had to find a way to work from home because I couldn't afford the 1300 child care bill and I set about finding a way to do it. And I did thankfully!

But that is another story.

My question to you all is in the poll below and this will really help me kind of figure out some demographics that I am looking for.

Please message me if your answer doesn't appear on here as I value all imput on this. Thanks!!!

Heather

briefcase

by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Emily123456
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 5:32 PM
Yes I want to but I don't know how to.
mom_dl6
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2013 at 5:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I would choose all of the last 3 as my answer 

Capratio
by on May. 1, 2013 at 8:13 PM
I agree with this

Quoting mom_dl6:

bebe_ju-rah
by on May. 1, 2013 at 8:17 PM
My answer isn't on there. No, I have no desire to work from home.

I work outside the home. I couldn't juggle kids and work at the same time.
VirtualyNSpired
by on May. 2, 2013 at 10:26 AM

AH! That is a good one, I should have added it.

Thank you for your imput. You are right it is definately a challenge at times!

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

My answer isn't on there. No, I have no desire to work from home.

I work outside the home. I couldn't juggle kids and work at the same time.

VirtualyNSpired
by on May. 2, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Thank you for your answer. If I could just ask one follow up question.

Have you looked anywhere for work from home opportunities? And if so what was your experience with that?

Quoting Emily123456:

Yes I want to but I don't know how to.

VirtualyNSpired
by on May. 2, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Have you looked anywhere for work from home opportunities? And if so what was your experience with that?

Quoting mom_dl6:

VirtualyNSpired
by on May. 2, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Quoting Capratio:

I agree with this

Quoting mom_dl6:

TigOlBitties
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 10:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Hmm mine is kind of a combo of things.

I enjoy my job duties, but feel that I would be able to perform about 90% from home. That's what I wish I could do, but this company really likes everyone to be IN the building full time. I am always caught up on my work and besides meetings, I only need to be here for about 2 hours worth of filing per week. Everything else I do is computer based analysis and I wish it were more flexible.

I am starting a fitness/personal training business in a couple months when we return from vacation for side money, and will be trying to negotiate a more flexible schedule with my employer in the mean time.
jessi2girls
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2013 at 10:38 AM
1 mom liked this

I clicked yes, I started my own business and love it.. although I didn't start the business, it's my parents business, i simply work for them! lol. They own a yacht club and a boat shop.. I do a lot of paperwork, and billing and scheduling for them here, so it frees up my mom to work the store front (besides, while I love my mom, she's terrible about being organized and getting things payed or sent out on time).. 

It works out great for everyone :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)