Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How do I ask for this?!

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 10:56 AM
  • 3 Replies

I work as an office manager for a real estate company.  I am also a licensed real estate agent.  My husband & I recently bought our first home.  My boss, who is also the broker for the company, told me when i told her we wanted to start looking for a house, that I could take the commission on the sale of whatever we bought.
Well, we closed on the house a few days ago & she still has not paid me the comission, she kept it for herself.  i know for a fact the check was delivered the same day we closed & that the other agents get their checks same day its delivered.

So I guess my question is, how do I tactfully ask her for the money? I have never been in this kind of a potentially awkward position before.....

any advice is appreciated!

by on May. 1, 2013 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
A.J.s_mommy
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2013 at 10:59 AM
1 mom liked this
In my opinion...if you want something then you need to just come right out and ask. Just say "I was wondering when I was going to receive the commission that you said I could have".
RADmomma
by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting A.J.s_mommy:

In my opinion...if you want something then you need to just come right out and ask. Just say "I was wondering when I was going to receive the commission that you said I could have".

I agree
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:50 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2013 at 1:36 PM

I  agree .. good luck & let us know how it goes ;)

Quoting A.J.s_mommy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)